Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I just finished this round afghan last night. It took me 2 weeks to complete, working on it nights and weekends. I'm so pleased with it! I made it to fit over my full size bed, over the light teal quilt I keep on my bed. It matches perfectly. It's big and it's heavy!

I used the pattern from Doris Ann. The link to her blog is Ideal Delusions: Green Theme for Melissa. It's a well-written pattern and is easy to follow. Thank you Doris Ann!!!

Shelley

Ohhh, Shelley, that is beautiful!! Perfect stitching, lovely colors, a piece to be so proud of and cherish forever - great work!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had to pin it....may I ask what yarn/colors you used. I think the color is amazing.
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisAnn View Post
    I just had to pin it....may I ask what yarn/colors you used. I think the color is amazing.
    Oh gosh, Doris Ann, I used all kinds of different yarn brands. The white is Bernat Baby Sport, the purple is Red Heart Super Saver. The aqua is Red Heart Baby Steps and the varigated is a type of Red Heart baby yarn. I used a size G hook throughout, even with the 4 weight Red Heart Super Saver purple yarn. I just used what I had on hand.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it looks just amazing. I have a 9 year old grand niece that would just love this. Her favorite color is turquoise and I was thinking of using the same color line but in more vivid hues to go with what is popular for her age. My favorite hook is Susan Bates size is I-9 and I use it for most afghans regardless of the weight of the yarn. But I have as yet to mix two different weights in the main body of any project. If I use a lighter weight yarn it is usually for border or trim. Now you have inspired me to try something new. I just had to post it on Pinterest. Your afghan is special.
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisAnn View Post
    Well it looks just amazing. I have a 9 year old grand niece that would just love this. Her favorite color is turquoise and I was thinking of using the same color line but in more vivid hues to go with what is popular for her age. My favorite hook is Susan Bates size is I-9 and I use it for most afghans regardless of the weight of the yarn. But I have as yet to mix two different weights in the main body of any project. If I use a lighter weight yarn it is usually for border or trim. Now you have inspired me to try something new. I just had to post it on Pinterest. Your afghan is special.
    Aww thanks for posting my afghan to Pinterest, Doris Ann.

Shelley

6. Likes Kitty liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Pretty, and I like the color combination ! I haven't made a round-type afghan yet, Star is even better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness, Shelley , What a beautiful blanket... another work of art to be shared and appreciated by all of us. To think not to long ago you posted about being upset with your corner to corner afghan... well that can not be said about this be very very proud of a beautiful masterpiece.... Who ever is the lucky recipient better take care and appreciate all your hard work.....LOVE , LOVE LOVE, IT... Happy Crafting.....Davena

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie67 View Post
    Love it. I am just not motivated on mine. If you can do it I can do it. Love the colors and pattern
    Go for it debbie, you CAN do it! The further along you get, the more excited you'll get! On big projects I keep my eye on the completed item, but you still want to relax and enjoy every stitch and move of the hook on every piece to get the full pleasure from the piece as you make it. That's the only time you'll be making that one particular piece.... you MAY make that pattern again, but it won't be that exact same piece, see what I mean?! So enjoy your treasure as you make it, and at times move as fast as your hook can fly on it, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Doris Ann's pattern is so awesome! I just kept on going and going.... until it ended up huge LOL. The bigger and bigger it got on my lap and with turning, I kept thinking lawdy what am I gonna do with this? I want to make another one soon, in different colors of baby yarn that I have on hand.

My sweet sister is hoping to get pregnant again soon. Hopefully, we'll find out on Friday that she's pregnant again!! This pattern would make a lovely baby afghan.

Thanks again Doris Ann for the wonderful pattern!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! Simply Gorgeous!