Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found a Video on C2C???

2. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much, Susan. This is a really good video.

I know what my problem was. Somehow I was decreasing by 2 blocks on each row, instead of only 1 block. I'll go back and study it some more.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    It happens to everyone Shelley, to me that's the best way of learning. I worked a lot of hours last week on a shawl that I couldn't get to drape well or do right behind the neck and across the back using worsted weight yarn, so I frogged it after two tries and salvaged my yarn, even tho I loved the color combination... I made it with Homespun like the pattern called for, and I have a fantastic shawl now. Here are 2 pics of the 'fail' and 2 of the back of the 'final' good one, a back view with it on a hanger. It looks a lot prettier in person as always, and the green looking color is really BLUE, but I made lots of rows of misc stitches and used 4 diff color changing partial skeins of Homespun, which makes this so soft and weightless you wouldn't believe it! My arms were sore after doing it too many days in a row but that's my fault really, I thought I'd be ok using an M hook, but no....

NOTE to Shirley / ladybug if you see this: this is some of the Homespun you gave me, I love it...

I'm So Disappointed in my Afghan-sh4a-jpg

I'm So Disappointed in my Afghan-sh5a-jpg

I'm So Disappointed in my Afghan-homespunshawl-frontmiddle3-jpg

I'm So Disappointed in my Afghan-homespunshawl-fronttop4-jpg
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-21-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, your shawl is beautiful!!! I just love it and I know that Homespun yarn is so soft. You'll get a lot of use out of your new gorgeous shawl!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I finished up my very first corner to corner afghan and I'm so disappointed. Half of it came out way too small. It was the second half I did, when I started decreasing. The pattern was confusing to me so I watched a YouTube video on how to decrease. I thought I understood it, but obviously I didn't.

It's fairly large. In the photo it's on top of a full size bed.

Guess I'll give it to the dogs to sleep on.

Shelley
    I would try taking in apart and giving it another start. The colors are very nice and I hate to think of it going to the dogs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't be embarrassed, we have all ben there. Heck my first afghan turned out to be a huge fan shape, I was going for a rectangle... Hah.

Don't give up on the C2C pattern, I am sure it is something small you have done. Sometimes I just look at the pattern wrong and ask someone else to take a look for me. Give it some time and re-watch the video, it may click all of a sudden.

Post Thanks / Like
    The colors are pretty and the stitches are nice, so, if anyone asks, just say its free form or op art.

9. Likes cheri54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Found a Video on C2C???
    Thank you Susan2014, I have not tried a C2C afghan but I think I am going to try it now . I watched the video and it looks pretty easy to me. We will see! Thanks again, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I finished up my very first corner to corner afghan and I'm so disappointed. Half of it came out way too small. It was the second half I did, when I started decreasing. The pattern was confusing to me so I watched a YouTube video on how to decrease. I thought I understood it, but obviously I didn't.

It's fairly large. In the photo it's on top of a full size bed.

Guess I'll give it to the dogs to sleep on.

Shelley
    Shelley, I am going to try this now that I have seen Susan C2C,s video. I bookmarked it and will watch the video when I am ready to start the decreasing. I hope I can do it. Thanks for you post...it sparked my interest! I like trying new projects. Love ya, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone, for your words of encouragement! The reason I'm embarrassed is because I've been crocheting for decades... yes decades... and this turned into a total disaster.

I'm not going to let the dogs sleep on it just yet. I need to just leave it for a while, but I'd really like to sit down and take out the second half, and then re-do it the right way.

Thank you again for all your comments.

Shelley