Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Aqua and Teal Purse with White Flower

Hey y'all I made this cute purse with double strands of aqua and teal. It has a single strand fold over at the top and the handles are double strands of aqua. There isn't a pattern for this purse, I made it up.

I started with an oval for the bottom and worked it up to the top. I sewed the handle straps to the inside with aqua yarn. The double strands make it fairly sturdy even without a lining. It's 15 inches across, 10 inches tall and 5 inches across the bottom. The flower is 5 inches across. It's from the 5-petal flower thread I posted a week ago with a link to the pattern for it.

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Aqua and Teal Purse with White Flower-photo3-jpg 

2. Thanks pbjones80 thanked for this post
    Likes Judi Gums, Susan2014, pbjones80 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have a gift for just doing and this purse looks very nice & my Favorite colors. Did you add a linning? I was wondering if its possible to add a little extra pocket in that linning? I have this on my Get gutsy To Do List. Thanks Shelley

Susan2014
    Last edited by Susan2014; 04-28-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't add a lining because I don't know how to sew. For future purses and totes I'll make, I've thought about buying a small pillow case in a cute print, cutting the top to fit inside the bag and then just sewing the pillow case around the inside. There are lots of adorable print small pillow cases that others have sewn on eBay.

Shelley

5. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How pretty! Love the colors too!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!