Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Update on Sophie Digard Scarf

Here is what I've done so far (see photos - it still needs to be blocked). I altered the pattern a little bit, but after I was well into the project I realized I had crocheted the flower center wrong! Apparently I am more tired at night than I let myself realize. It's still ok, though, because I decided to make this into a centerpiece for my sister's dining table - good practice. The next one will be a scarf.

Also, I have to let all of you know I won't be around very much in the near future. Next week I'll be busy with jury duty (hopefully only one week). But my husband and I had a talk, and since unemployment has been cut off, we really need to get jobs. In the beginning - about 4 years ago - my husband and I were laid off. My husband has been actively looking all this time, but I sunk into a depression for about two years. Then I realized that I had 2 ways to go - either teach myself microsoft office so I can get an office job or start a crochet business. (I have extreme doubts that a company will be interested in hiring a 59 YO woman, but I need to try.) So anyway, I began a crochet business. Things have definitely been slow, but I just had some free advertising on facebook and I decided to go with selling patterns instead of product and it seemed like I kind of got this business rolling. So now I have to take a break and learn microsoft office and then look for a job. I've decided I'll keep crocheting (duh!!) in the evening, but that means my crocheting goals will take much longer. I'm currently putting together a pattern for a baby girl teddy bear, and then I'll do a baby boy. I'll post when I can.
    Attached Images Attached Images Update on Sophie Digard Scarf-sany0541-jpg Update on Sophie Digard Scarf-sany0542-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    nova, I would like the pattern for the scarf. if you have the time, let me know at mar701@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks very pretty. Best of luck to you!