Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Patsprojects, yes I did. I have seen pictures and I do not like to have to pay for a pattern if I don't have to. So, I thought I would try it and see what happened, used my regular beanie hat pattern, and experimented with the rest. Was happy with the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    You did a great job. I recently posted a thread in search of a pattern for a beaver hat. I found one but it was expensive. So I was looking for hats that had add ons to get an idea how to make my own . Do you have any suggestions for me?

Post Thanks / Like
    so cute I love making those hats I loss count of how many sock monkey hats I have made for friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it, it's so cute. I bet your granddaughter is very happy to get such a cool hat!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile help with beaver pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Patsprojects View Post
    You did a great job. I recently posted a thread in search of a pattern for a beaver hat. I found one but it was expensive. So I was looking for hats that had add ons to get an idea how to make my own . Do you have any suggestions for me?
    Patsprojects: Find the hat picture you like or picture of a beaver that you like. Then see what you need to make the add ons. example: for the eyes & ears-do you have a pattern that shows you how to make eyes or ears for other hats, if so, you can try to modify off that, otherwise I like to make a magic circle, (it makes for a more tight circle with no hole) for the eyes you can make as big or as little as you would like using probably black yarn, 6-12 single crochet for small eyes or can use double crochet for bigger eyes.

Ears (make two of each):
    Outside of Ears:Chain 6, HDC in 2nd Chain from hook, HDC across, chain 1, turn (5 HDC)
    Row 2-6: HDC across (5 HDC), chain 1, turn (This is where you could continue Making rows of HDC's to make the ear longer. To make the ear wider, start with a longer chain. )
    Row 7: HDC decrease, HDC, HDC decrease, continue to SC around and when you get to the top, make two HDC decrease right before Sl St to join, fasten off
    Note: It helps to make 2 SC in each bottom corners.

Inside of Ear:
    Chain 4, HDC in 2nd Ch from hook, HDC across (3 HDC), chain 1, turn
    Row 2-5: HDC across (3 HDC), chain 1, turn
    at the end of Row 5, continue to SC around and when you get to the top, make two HDC decrease right before Sl St to join, fasten off
    Note: It helps to make 2 SC in each bottom corners.
    Sew the inside of the ear to the outside of the ear but be careful to sew only on the inside stitches so the yarn doesn't show through the outer ear.
    - See more at: Repeat Crafter Me: Crochet Puppy Hat Pattern
    Eyes (Make 2):
    In first color (usually black):
    Magic Ring, Chain 2 (For a bigger eye I do DC for smaller eye, do sc)
    Round 1: 10 DC in chain, Change color to white before joining to first DC, chain 2 (10)
    Round 2: 2 DC in same stitch and in each stitch around, join, chain 1 (20)
    Round 3: SC in same stitch, 2 SC in next, *SC, 2 SC in next, repeat from * around, join to first sc, fasten off leaving long tail to sew on (30)

For the mouth, muzzle (not sure what you call it on a beaver..count the number of stitches from your beanie hat pattern where you want the mouth to appear and chain that many stitches + 2 more and decrease rows accordingly until you have a big enough mouth. using same color yarn as beanie you can hand sew onto beanie. You can do the same thing for where you want the teeth placed, by counting the number of stitches on your beanie etc. Using a black yarn you can hand stitch the black lines in between the white to show that they are teeth. Not sure if you have done many hats like that before, but you can easily adapt other patterns for what you need. Let me know if this helps. Happy Hooking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful! Lots of adults and kids here it Texas would love it! Did you follow a pattern you would share? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGrammy View Post
    Beautiful! Lots of adults and kids here it Texas would love it! Did you follow a pattern you would share? Thanks.
    I have seen pictures and I do not like to have to pay for a pattern if I don't have to. So, I used my regular beanie hat pattern, and experimented with the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is such a pretty horse head! You did great!!