Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  45
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, folks,
    I've typed my little heart out! I hope ya'll can read it all right. I was very careful with the instructions. Basically you are doing the same thing the whole afghan, just in different places. Once you start, you will see that. I have also found that if I mark every 10 rows with a safety pin, I can keep up with where I am, otherwise I'd make it huge. Just remember to chain 3 when you turn and that counts as your first double crochet. I keep this pattern pretty close most of the time (it's not boxed up with my super old ones), so if there is something you have a question about, please ask. Truthfully, I love the double knotted fringe on this afghan. Also the way the rows kinda interlock with each other. Have fun with it.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Jane, could you post a picture of the afghan? I need to see what it will look like if done correctly.

3. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingnowhere View Post
    Hi I found this one it looks similar to one I had seen in one of the crochet magazines...

WT1647 Wedding Ring Quilt
    That is beautiful!!

5. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye,
    I don't have a picture. The one in the magazine would be of no help even if I had a scanner. They have displayed it over an old trunk & the wrong side is facing up. It does this afghan no justice at all. Half of the shot is another afghan, nearly the same color, in a simple filet. Faye, I'm. Sorry I don't have any pictures, I know I've made this afghan a dozen times or more. Is there something in the pattern? Really it's just repetition. Once I finish this Christmas gift for my son in law, I will start the one for the bride. I can fly on it, so by the time I get half done, or less, I will post some close ups of the stitches. Will that work? I'm trying, Faye.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so very much, Janie Mae, for the Lovers Lace Afghan pattern. I'll try it, too. I decided that, if I make a special afghan for my granddaughter's wedding, I'll have to make a special afghan for my grandson who got married two years ago - didn't make anything special for him at the time!

8. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Pat,
    This way you can make two of the Lovers Lace. Give one to your granddaughter at her shower & give the other one to grandson & his wife on the nearest anniversary possible now. I wouldn't make a big deal about it, just Happy Anniversary.
    Have Fun,
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing Janie!

11. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie, it's me not the pattern. I can't tell if I like it by reading the pattern. I must be a more visual learner than I thought. I am copying the pattern so after I see what it looks like I can decide. Thanks for the pattern. Now don't you give anything away without taking a picture for us!!!

13. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, I went to look at the wedding ring quilt and I had to look at it closely to really believe it was crocheted. I saved the pattern but I am YEARS away from that skill level. YIKES!!

15. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is an excellent suggestion, Janie Mae! I'm like Twinfaye in that I can't picture what the Lover's Lace will look like but, I know that, if you said it's beautiful, it is. Thanks again for all your help!

17. Likes janie mae liked this post