Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Altering a Tshirt

I'm not looking for a pattern per se but more some advice on how to approach this problem. I was given some t-shirts that I really love, only problem is that there a little bit too tight for comfort. I'm wondering if anyone has ever attempted to crochet inserts into the sides (split along the seams) of a t-shirt to make it a little bigger around to allow for a belly that's a little bigger than it should be. I'm sure none of you know first hand what I'm talkin g about but you've seen women with big tummies -that aren't pregnant. Also maybe a couple of rows around the bottom of the t-shirt to make it a little longer again to cover that troublesome tummy. Does anyone have any advice on how I might tackle this or do you think I would be wasting my time?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard of people doing this, and have been searching for an instruction resource for you. I have not found one as of yet. Other members may also have some advice to offer you as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about changing your belly instead? Don't mean to offend but if you aren't happy with your belly it would be healthy to get rid of the belly fat.
    Last edited by Su O; 07-29-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Previous post is uncalled for, and there may be some help out there, but in my experience, TShirt material wants to roll up as soon as cut, so am totally unsure of how to work with this in the venue you are seeking. Perhaps you could experiment with one you aren't particularly fond of, and use another shirt to add perhaps a vee shape from underarm to bottom of shirt. I do not work with this material so can't speak for myself. I wish you success, tho I have dealt with lots of materials in my senior lifetime, I do not think I would want to tackle this issue. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy