Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456

Thread: Crochet hooks

Post Thanks / Like
    I found Addi Swing Crochet Hooks, My hand gets all cramped up when I use regular crochet hooks. These Addi Swings does not do that. They are soft also. And your hands and fingers are stretched out to a comfortable hold. Like the others say try one. You can fine them in several different catalogs. They are expensive though. I hope you find out what you want. I have arthritis in the thumb joint of my right hand that holds the crochet hook.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got those blue things you slide on your needles and I think they help. I think I only paid about $2.99 for them at A.C. Moores.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is Good AudreyL as long as you find something that works for you. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Last week at Hobby Lobby I purchased a set of interchangeable metal crochet hooks that will all fit into a single larger diameter handle that were under the brand name "Yarnology". They are perfect for me because I hold my crochet hook like a knife and quite close to the hook end, and these have a nice large flat surface closer to the end. There are 8 different hook sizes and one handle in a little zipered case for $24.95, and they had a 25% off sale, so I felt that they ended up being very reasonable. They even have a little gripper that comes with them to help get the two pieces screwed together nice and tight. With the larger diameter handle, I don't have to pinch my fingers together quite so tight and they don't go numb as fast so I can work for longer periods at a time. Yarnology Assorted Interchangeable Crochet Perfect Case & Set | Shop Hobby Lobby

5. Likes ndlnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Sue View Post
    Yarnology Assorted Interchangeable Crochet Perfect Case & Set | Shop Hobby Lobby
    What a neat invention! I knew there were interchangeable knitting needles, but wasn't aware of the same thing in crochet hooks.

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Sue that's my name hehe/only when Im GOOD and that's not often...hehe. Thanks for info. on needles as that 1 reason I gave up crocheting years ago. Now Im just slower then I want. Good idea. Bless You Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Not only do we have the same name, it appears that we live in the same state too! Hopefully we will meet in person some day. Sounds from your posts that we have a lot in common.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well,

I crochet with clover 5 mm hooks and it really does help and I think that it will help with your arthritis