Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  56
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Free yarn

Post Thanks / Like
    Just left Goodwill this morning. (cold here in GA) Found one bag for $6.00 had 8 nice size balls and 5 full skeins. Beautiful colors! I usually check Goodwill at least two times a week! Don't always find something but will find things that I can take apart and make something else.:-)

2. Likes SweetARoma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My problem is I can't drive. And I don't have a way to and from the good will. It is to far away for me to go to. I would go to good will if I could. But it is a great idea. I would,t mind getting pieces to rip out. Any use yarn will be good. But I am stuck here at my home. Only time I get out is once a month to pay bills. Go on transportation vans to Doctors. Other than I don't get to go to yard sale or anything like that. I am sorry to burden you all with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    My problem is I can't drive. And I don't have a way to and from the good will. It is to far away for me to go to. I would go to good will if I could. But it is a great idea. I would,t mind getting pieces to rip out. Any use yarn will be good. But I am stuck here at my home. Only time I get out is once a month to pay bills. Go on transportation vans to Doctors. Other than I don't get to go to yard sale or anything like that. I am sorry to burden you all with this.
    It isn't a burden to me for you to share your life and thoughts here! If I lived close to you I'd take you places.
    Dinah

5. Likes SweetARoma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    Hey, I am in the same way. I didn't want to ask any one for any yarn. I just thought was being rude or something. I coukd use some yarn as well. If it is one skein. I would appreciate. I am not opening a business or nothing. Just trying stay busy with my crocheting. It helps out right now. I hope I am not bothering any one by asking as well. If it out of line to ask. I sorry. Thanks for the prayers for my husband. The doctors hasn't hasn't decided what they will do yet.
    send me your info and I will send you a couple of skeins. my e-mail is jereda3@gmail.com

7. Likes SweetARoma, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Send me your address. I have a few matching skeins of baby yarn if you're interested. I'm sure that you could make and sell baby items.

9. Likes SweetARoma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for being the people I know you are. I am so proud of your generous spirits. I think the way we care about each other makes this site so precious to me. I can't afford to send yarn to any one at this time but if I get my financial problems solved I will donate where I can. Speaking for myself I want to hear from you about your hardships so I can at least empathize with you. Praying for relief from your hardships.

11. Likes SweetARoma, grandmomma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I saw the title of this thread I was hoping it was going to be about where to find free yarn! lol. I am sorry to hear you are unemployed, though. Freecycle is a great place. Also, if you are on Facebook, try looking for Facebook groups in your area that swap or sell items cheaply. Sometimes you can post in those groups what you are looking for and someone may have it to give. Also check with some churches that provide clothing, etc to the needy. Sometimes they get donations of yarn and don't know what to do with it.

13. Likes SweetARoma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Was you talking to me JenniBee

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Twinfaye, You all are like my family. I care about each and everyone of you all. That is ok if any one of you that can't send yarn to me. That is ok. Me and my husband are having a rough time right now. Please keep praying for my husband. He has improve a little. Thanks for all the prayers you all have prayed for him. He is getting up and around some now. That is so good to him up a little bit. He just started that this morning. Not much. But a little. That is so good, to see. I thank the Lord.

16. Likes SweetARoma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I will, Thanks.