Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

My small score in Goodwill on Labor Day

I wandered over to the Goodwill store by me and also it was a 35% off everything sale (except for the color of the week which was blue and 50% off) and lo and behold, spotted some skeins of yarn. As I picked them up and started to look for a hand basket, a customer goes by and says to me "A girl after my own heart". I asked her if she wanted some of it and she said no, she was being good (not a word I use when it comes to buying yarn, LOL) and I took what was there and continued looking around at other things. All of a sudden, she comes back to me with a skein she had found in another part of the store and hands it to me. There was no more in the store (I have learned to check everywhere, you never know).

But the best was that I got the nine skeins with tax and after the 35% off for only $6.26.

My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I wandered over to the Goodwill store by me and also it was a 35% off everything sale (except for the color of the week which was blue and 50% off) and lo and behold, spotted some skeins of yarn. As I picked them up and started to look for a hand basket, a customer goes by and says to me "A girl after my own heart". I asked her if she wanted some of it and she said no, she was being good (not a word I use when it comes to buying yarn, LOL) and I took what was there and continued looking around at other things. All of a sudden, she comes back to me with a skein she had found in another part of the store and hands it to me. There was no more in the store (I have learned to check everywhere, you never know).

But the best was that I got the nine skeins with tax and after the 35% off for only $6.26.

My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

LI Roe
    Oh what fun! You gotta love a bargain like that. And how sweet for the lady to bring you the other skein. Sometimes you meet the nicest people when you're shopping. I've had people give me coupons they weren't going to use, too.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

3. Likes KathyL. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't get deals like that here in Canada at Goodwill. My score was pink yarn, two crochet pattern books (Crochet Today and an old McCall's Crochet Patterns) and three crochet hooks at Bibles For Missions half price sale yesterday. I usually get my best bargains there.

5. Likes ejatchison, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the Goodwill store. I also shop at the re-uzit shop. I've gotten some very nice crochet hooks, knitting needles, a broomstick lace needle and some very interesting yarns from time to time. I, too, don't know what it means to pass by yarn and not pick it up at least and usually buy it if it's nice and the price is right. My daughter tells me "you are not going in the yarn department because I can never get you back out and I have to be home for [one thing or another]". I just can't help it cuz I'm sure I hear the yarn calling me as soon as I get in the door LOL HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

8. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally understand "the call of the yarn" lol. I found a really pretty bright pink yarn, almost a fuschia color at Joann's the other day. But I was only buying 1 skein with my 40% off coupon. But, I have another coupon now and think I need to go get that yarn today. LOL

Great score on the yarn too! Our goodwill doesn't price stuff as cheaply as that.

10. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the Labor Day weekend I also scored. I got 2 skeins of white yarn, some patterns and 3 dolls for 4 dollars at a yard sale. At the same sale from another lady I got a perpetual desk calendar w/ 365 different crochet stitches for 50 cents.....not even used plus a scrap pattern book also for 50 cents. She then turned around and GAVE me some more like new hard cover pattern books. If I had bought them new it is over 120 dollars in books. My favorite is the calendar. That alone cost 24.95 when new. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone seems to be scoring on yarn and patterns. I went to another local thrift store today and got enough pink and white yarn to make another baby afghan. I also scored six more crochet hooks, some have never been taken out of their package. At 50 cents each, I really scored there. Now I have to try and stop buying yarn or I will run out of storage space!

Post Thanks / Like
    Labor Day weekend must have been the time to score. One of our thrift store was having 75%. Everything. In. The. Store. Yes, you read it correctly 75% off. The entire store. There was so much yarn! Yellow, and bright green, pinks and purples, and whites, and browns. Oh MY! They were each $2.50, but with the sale they came to .62 each skein. SCORE! I got like 9 skeins and 4 part skeins. I also picked up a couple of kitchen things, 2 embroidery hoops. What a day!

14. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess I missed out I should have gone on Labor Day LOL. I'm so very happy for all who got such great bargains. Way to go, as long as we can hold a hook or a needle, we will refuse to let anyone discard perfectly good yarn. We are on a mission to save all the discarded yarn to make wonderful items for those who may be less fortunate {SALUTE}. This ladies and men shall be our creed and duty! (hahahaha now I know I've lost the little bit of my mind that used to work; however, I will still search for yarn, etc) I am proud of all you soldiers in the battle to save the poor discarded yarn and I am proud to march with you in this battle. {SALUTE}. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

16. Likes buggainok, DinahRoberts, LI Roe liked this post