Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I accept the challenge to not let any yarn fall into the piles at a landfill. I will search near and far for lost or misused yarn. No matter the color, no matter the weight, no matter the fabric content I will not let any yarn be discarded. I will join your mission, and make this my creed ..."No yarn left behind."
    (Except the snibbles I put out for the birds to build their nests with.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are way too funny...I love it. Thanks so much for joining the campaign. We shall win this yarn war because we are the yarn nurturers of the world.....go forth with pride in your mission. (hehehehe) HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

3. Likes Judi Gums, ejatchison, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is good to know I am in such good company Li Roe, for I too am a yarnoholic, you gave me a good chuckle this morning, thanks for that.

Judi G

5. Likes ejatchison, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Too funny! We have all caught the yarn bug, instead of tree huggers we are yarn huggers. The most neglected unloved wanted yarn will find homes with us. May we save every yarn in need of a home and conquer those whose love of yarn fails. May we also save the unloved pattern books of the world and give them a proper home and the love and respect they deserve!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got 2 skeins yarn on Labor day at Goodwill but my best buy was a bolt of fabric with 8 yards on it for $1.09. Plus a rack for on the wall for my thread and a few other odds and ends and only spent $4.75 cents. I love my Goodwill. My name is Ellouise and I am a bargain hunter from way back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we will save all the yarn and pattern books of the world......I am happy to fight by your side in this never ending battle......and fight we will until the war is won {SALUTE} HUGS, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    What an awesome deal you got. I don't sew nearly as much as I used to, I just don't have enough room to lay out the patterns, etc. I have made some dresses for the 3 granddaughters and they are always so excited when Nana makes something for them. I know the day will come when they will no long want handmade stuff from Nana but I'm gonna take advantage of it for as long as I possibly can. Thanks for sharing your good fortune with us, Ellouise. HUGS, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells_Shelly View Post
    Guess I missed out I should have gone on Labor Day LOL. I'm so very happy for all who got such great bargains. Way to go, as long as we can hold a hook or a needle, we will refuse to let anyone discard perfectly good yarn. We are on a mission to save all the discarded yarn to make wonderful items for those who may be less fortunate {SALUTE}. This ladies and men shall be our creed and duty! (hahahaha now I know I've lost the little bit of my mind that used to work; however, I will still search for yarn, etc) I am proud of all you soldiers in the battle to save the poor discarded yarn and I am proud to march with you in this battle. {SALUTE}. HUGS, Shelly
    You are too funny!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    We could have a new reality television show...Battle of the Yarn-O-Holics!

12. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Trude, you get to lead the winning team.....I sure hope they consider paying us in our choice of yarns and accessories HUGS, Shelly