Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  166
Page 5 of 12 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DinahRoberts View Post
    Just ask her if she is having trouble finding words she can understand. LOL
    Dinah, i am writing that down .thats a good comeback! Maybe she is the one who doesn't understand it enough to explain it.
    Last edited by Kitty; 08-21-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great! Thx! Dar

Post Thanks / Like
    I do as I get older, I find that I have many advantage benefit to many things - discount on everything, everywhere I get to do as I please. I can say 'NO' much easier and faster when ever I don't see or agree to? I can do thing on my own path as I go.....I do not have dead line to catch/fill etc don't have to prepare the answer for the question (there is not any)....every day is my good day I really enjoy my old age time and hope it will last for a while....

'When we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present....we experience heaven on earth.'

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

4. Likes buggainok, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So very well said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ivy: I like the saying!!! Isn't it the truth? Have a good weekend. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how old the people that said they like getting old. I think it is the pits. I wouldn't want to be 20 again but I sure would like to turn the clock back to when I was 40 or even 45 before all the aches and pains. Getting old isn't for wimps. I feel every ache and pain, and I find each year I can do less and remember less and less. I miss my children they all live far away. If I could turn the clock back you better believe I would.
    Teresa at 51 you still are young wait till you get 70, it is a whole new ballgame.

8. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am 70 now. yes I did do less than I was, that is exactly what I am looking for. I don't mind remember less because there is many thing I try to forget anyway....about the pain and aches? I learn and find is accumulate from the way we live through life? - the way we did, the way we eat (the most) , the way we want our life to be at......
    when there is a problem - there is a solution .....than the decision to select .....all the medication is in your kitchen and the grocery store....after all....food for life has been live before we all come to alive? sure I may have some pain some where at time. than I know I'll need to eat more of certain food for help to ease that pain.....not seeing improve... time to call/see the profession advice? after all, that is what they are there for? I would do my very best not to stay/depend on any prescription drug...at all cost? I believe in you are what you eat - it show and feel....may not right the way, but down the road? special on nowadays..you can look/search many answer through internet...do I want/wish time go backward ? only if it would be same as now? no way right? than my answer is no. I rather go forward.....step into next level of life......let the new life begin again..... of cause this is only me view point ?....so be happy while still live.......anything can be change or replace except life?
    Ivy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I don't know how old the people that said they like getting old. I think it is the pits. I wouldn't want to be 20 again but I sure would like to turn the clock back to when I was 40 or even 45 before all the aches and pains. Getting old isn't for wimps. I feel every ache and pain, and I find each year I can do less and remember less and less. I miss my children they all live far away. If I could turn the clock back you better believe I would.
    Teresa at 51 you still are young wait till you get 70, it is a whole new ballgame.
    MeerKat, I do understand how you feel, especially with what you are going through with your poor husband. It would sure be nice to wave a magic wand and make all those troubles disappear, for you and for him.

I know there are negatives to growing older, but since it happens whether we want it to or not, I try to focus on the positives which come with every stage of life, and take each day as it comes. And yes, there are some days I would like to jump right over and go on to the next one.

I know I join everyone here on the forum when I say we are thinking of you and the difficult time you are going through now.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

11. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Ivy: I like the saying!!! Isn't it the truth? Have a good weekend. Shirley
    Wish you the same Shirley. take care
    Ivy

Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh Im sorry I missed so much on here --my computer crashed and haven't been on too much-still trying to catch up on everything

Do I like getting old? hehehe do I have a choice ? Im 86 and have good health -go tp physical therapy 3 times a week(for artheritis
    and belong to a crochet group in Wed--with a bunch where a few are older than me and we do have a lot of laughs
    Have 3 wonderful kids and 8 grandkids who treat me great

I miss my childhood fiends that we grew up toghether and out of the four of us Im the only one left
    and my family that have passed

No I don't mind getting older --I have always had a good life and even losing my house to the last hurricane and some ups and downs that we all have sometime in life
    I am happy

Hestoria

14. Likes buggainok liked this post