Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  166
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Barb, I am so happy for you to have fallen in love with someone. It is such a wonderful special time. Enjoy it!!!!

I too am happier now with myself then ever before. I have more of a feeling of take me as I am or not at all. Not in a nasty way, but just that I am happy with myself and am not wishing to change for someone else, like we often do when younger.

I lost my mom at only 52, I had breast cancer in 1206, so I am thankful to be getting older. Although some of the days aren't as easy as they use to be, I have a lot to be thankful for.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    I feel so much better about myself at an older age. I do not really worry too much about what people think. I have also learned to not allow others to use me as a doormat - something I had issues with when I was younger.

I must say that I am having the BEST YEARS of my LIFE right NOW!! :0) I have even recently fallen in love with a special person - REALLY fallen in love!!

2. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You know what I like about getting older? You can say almost anything you want. I like to tell the young teenage girls who stare at my old body in the swimming change room "Have a good look, this is your future!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by taylormaid View Post
    You know what I like about getting older? You can say almost anything you want. I like to tell the young teenage girls who stare at my old body in the swimming change room "Have a good look, this is your future!"
    Yes, me, too. I like the looks (and usually nervous laughs) I get when I say, "Well, I am old, so I can say this."
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

5. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Words so well said/written! I agree with all of it. I remember looking at my mother's hands when I was a child and wondered if my hands would look like hers. Now, I see my hands (especially while crocheting) and they look just like hers. If my life looks like my mom's I will be satisfied. Mom was creative until the last year of her life when she developed dementia--but she was 91 when she went to be with the Lord. I want my life to be like hers. How many years is up to the Lord. I am happy to carry on and keep looking for another project to learn or improve or share. That, to me, is one of the keys to having a rich and enriched life. I don't mind being old, but I would rather skip the "getting old" (read: health stuff). As mom would say,"Getting old is for the birds!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Love this quote, Annette! It pretty well sums up how I feel about gettng older. I'll be turning 64 in a couple of months and I'm enjoying life more with each passing year. My DH, who just turned 80, says the same thing.

8. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just turned 66 and I agree mightily with all of you. My hands look just like my mother's did too. Have a good rest of the weekend. Hugs, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragondrummer View Post
    Love this quote, Annette! It pretty well sums up how I feel about gettng older. I'll be turning 64 in a couple of months and I'm enjoying life more with each passing year. My DH, who just turned 80, says the same thing.
    Glad you liked it, dragondrummer. We have a lot in common. My sweet hubby is 17 years older than I am, and still chugging along like the Energizer Bunny. We have been married for 48 years. I was 23 and he was 40 when we married. All our friends said it would never work! There is a lot of truth to that old saying - "I'd rather be an old man's darling, than a young man's fool." Ha!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

11. Likes dragondrummer, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to add something. I am 61 1/2 years young, wear 4" to 5" spike heels, 11 inch miniskirts on certain occasions (do dress appropriately for other occasions) and have a short asymmetrical spiky haircut which I am now trying to get a certain color of purple (which is also the color for Alzheimers and my mom died of it last Oct. 2012 at the age of 93) but don't want to bleach it out (did that years ago when I decided to go platinum blond (my natural hair color is very dark brown, bordering on black) so I am playing with temporary spray colors and then a regular hair dye with developer. Oh and a couple of tattoos. Do I mind getting older? Yes and no. I like the senior discounts (who wouldn't, LOL?) but sometimes I get a little annoyed, for lack of a better word, when certain friends decide that being a certain age means you have to do what is expected for a certain age. As long as you are happy and don't hurt yourself or anyone else, does it matter? I know when and where it is appropriate to wear what I do and I would never embarrass myself or anyone else. Life is meant to be enjoyed when we can. Okay, now that I have given everyone a rather strange impression of me, I am harmless. I love to do as much as I can for others. I get a warm feeling when I know my afghans or hats and scarves are going to those in need and I prefer to donate anonymously. Just makes me feel good.

Okay, enough of me, hope everyone is doing well. See ya later. Have been accompanying my friend to the hospital to see her husband, he had knee surgery and the hospital is a 100 mile round trip from here and he worries about her driving by herself. So she picks me up and I go with her as much as I can so she has company and he doesn't worry and I help out in the room since her knees are also bad and can't get them done until her husband is totally back to normal, he had the left knee done last year, this time it was the right knee. But he is getting better and undergoing physical therapy.

So I will be back soon, haven't really been running my mouth (until now, LOL) on here for a few days.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    The thing I like most about being old- no ones opinion matters to me except mine. And I let no one in my life anymore who causes me stress or unhappiness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Roseanna: You are a character, girl!!!!! Are you coming to the mtg in TN next June? I have not gone back to look at the posts of who is coming and not. I think it will be updated sometime soon? Love, Shirley