Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  112
Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last

Thread: The Stash

Post Thanks / Like
    I woke in the middle of the night to a noise I didn't recall ever hearing before. I came out into the living room, and there were the cats. And, gremlin made yarn. They were doing some sort of strange dance. At first I thought it was the Twist. Then maybe the Mashed Potato. Now I am not so sure what it was. It kind of freaked me out. I left them to it, and went back to bed with very unsettling dreams.
    I will check out Jo-Ann's before I buy a shoe thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trude View Post
    I really don't know what to do. I started this kind of half joking, but now I realize that yes I am a yarn-o-holic. Oh Dear! I know I can't give it all away, but is sure is tempting. I think I would probably start a new stash all over though. My storage bins are the 18 gallon Rubbermaid ones, I have 3. Plus my 2 suitcases. Plus the really cheap plastic bags from a $ store, but hey they work. My husband is looking for a Rubbermaid outside shed for me to use. When do you know that a ball of yarn is to small and toss it?
    A ball is NEVER too small to use....lol. Use it for the center of granny squares or make a scrap afghan. Just keep adding those small balls. I made a couple of kitty blankets w/ my small balls. You could make coasters.

3. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suejoycetn View Post
    I'm not sure about the wool shrinking... something's out of control here and surely it's not ME... I have such a large stash I am embarrassed to even begin to tell you were it starts... I'm not even sure where it ends... And I went to Walmart today and I bought MORE yarn... what in the blue blazes is my problem... One of my friends that has a LARGE stash... came to my house and I confessed and showed her my stash... she was pretty shocked with how much I had... and it's pretty hard to shock another stasher.... about those shoe things that go over the door... I'm thinking most you could get in them would be 2 skeins a slot. At Joann's with a coupon I bought one of those large hanging shelf thing that's made of material. You can really back the yarn in those slots... check that out before the shoe thing or maybe you do need both.
    My oldest daughter has a spare bedroom that she uses as a computer/craft room. The closet is absolutely stuffed full of yarn, plus she has storage drawers full and it is spilling out onto her floor....lol. She uses mostly Homespun yarn and the fun furs, ribbon yarns, etc.

5. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, my name is Ulrika and I am a yarnaholic. Welcome to the club. It's so nice to know that I am not the only one. I have a whole room full of yarn. I keep telling myself I don't need anymore, but then there's that tent sale I want to go to and I have other outlet stores I want to visit. It just never ends. Hey we could be addicted to worse things. At least we make things out of our stash.

7. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Lawana and I am a yarn- aholic. I have a big portable bldg. and Hubby built shelves- which are loaded with big tubs with lids and 3 free standing cabinets which are stuffed. Well 1 of them is full of fabric. Yes- I hoard that also.. The yarn has over flowed into the house. It's hopeless. Sooooooooooo I just go with the flow and enjoy my yarn. Hey- no one is getting harmed by it- it's paid for and I LOVE IT! There could be worse things to be addicted to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also addicted to hooks- books- patterns - web sites with free patterns- ect- ect- ect!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    As I was cleaning in my little room this morning I realized that my stash is nothing compared to some that I have read about here. Now my dilemma is this....do I hurry and get more or do I be satisfied (for the moment) with what I have? Oh and while I was cleaning I broke the rule. Is it a major rule? I kinda think so. I threw away balls of yarn. GASP!! I decided if it was smaller than a half dollar it had to go.

11. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, no! If you make toys or stuffed animals, that could be used for the stuffing if nothing else! (The yarnaholic in me just had a heart attack!)

13. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Trude: There is a gal in the Project Linus groups here who takes all the little balls and makes striped afghans out of them. She takes any little bits. Just ties them together and keeps going. Sounds like you should use what you have for now, unless of course you end up in Maple Grove again soon, OR see some yarn you can't live without!!!!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had another thought to. The birds can use pieces for their homes. I put it out in a suet feeder for them. ASTOUNDING!