Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    try ebay I get a lot of patterns and yarn there and also at A.C.Moore store in Bangor, Maine. Don't know where you are

Post Thanks / Like
    peggyann, I always recommend Ebay but a lot of the ladies on here are afraid of it. I like to buy big lots of yarn for no more than $2 a skein and I have always had good luck except for one auction and I got my money back as soon as we found that they weren't going to send me my yarn. I have gotten a lot of yarn and I have gotten it as cheap as 50 cents to a dollar a skein but mostly I won't pay more than $2 a skein. Welcome and glad you are posting. We love pictures of your work if you have them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, As far as I know it is only acrylic. It is expensive as yarns go, (between $6 & $9 per skein depending on where you find it) BUT like a good shopper I have found deals on Amazon, E-Bay, JoAnn's and Overstock,com. from between, $3 and $9. If you Google "Bernat Mosaic yarn" several sites will come up. I ordered mine directly from Bernat the first 2 times and then once from E-Bay - Watch those shipping charges. The pattern calls for 17 skeins for 145 squares +edging and attaching, but I used 12 for the size I got which was nearly five feet by five feet and 111 squares. My stitch gauge was about 5 1/2 in square. I have material for one more. Then on to something else. Working on a baby blanket now. Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    Hooked on Crochet just finding this form Im slow for sure. This afghan is Beautiful & amazing it doesnt have to change colours?????? Just Gorgeous, Need to find this yarn. Thanks for sharing Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    beautiful, love the colors you used

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on crochet View Post
    Hi Faye
    Good news. There is no color changing with this afghan. Honest. It is Bernat self patterning yarn called Mosaic. They have 8-9 color combinations. You just start the granny square and keep on going. The only tag is at the end of the square. It just makes the color combinations all by itself. I just love it. This one is 100 squares and I used 12 skeins. You can find it on Bernat.com. Kay
    Thanks as was not aware of this yarn as it is lovely. Did you crochet the squares or sew them as that is what I dislike about the squares. Your work is fabulous!

Post Thanks / Like

wow !

Wow! It is so nice, colorful. Looking at it feels cool and cosy, yet warms the heart.
    Useful to hear about the yarn. Thanks for sharing. This may seem a bit dumb- but how do u decide on the size of the square to get the colors right, that is do u do u go to the next step when the color changes and that's why u say it patterns itself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comment. There are No dumb questions....The best way to explain the colors in the skein is to look on U-Tube under Bumble Berry Pie Afghan. There is a wonderful tutorial showing how this amazing yarn works. There is no specific color change for the crocheter to do. The yarn is made so it does it all by itself as you crochet. TheCrochetCrowd.Com web site has the pattern which gives you the square size. I have only seen granny squares done with this, but I have some extra yarn and want to try a regular afghan and see what I get. Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't like granny squares but if you try the yarn for a regular afghan let me know. Thanks, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    This is so beautiful and I have been wanting to try some of the mosiac yarn. I have been watching for a sale. love Carol