Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

HELP!! it looks terrible!!

Morning Everybody,

I need help on how to get rid of the ridge of V's on the right side of my work...it's a moss stitch edge shawl pattern...increases are knit in front and back....left side looks good...nice smooth transition with increase. The right side of my increase you can see a NOTICEABLE line of V's going up the shawl and it looks bad.....any suggestions!!?? I have no problem starting over!!!

Thanks Bunches,
    Christine
    Attached Images Attached Images HELP!! it looks terrible!!-wp_20130613_016-jpg 

2. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What "terrible"??? It looks like a great piece of work to me.

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I also think it looks terrific!

6. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I knit and crochet both and I don't see anything wrong with it. I looked close, too.

8. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As with everyone else, I think it looks great....we are our own worst critic, however, maybe you were going for a different look...more lacy edge? I dunno cuz I really looked close too and it looks nice...but just what don't you like about the v stitch?

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that your shawl looks lovely. If the problem is that it doesn't look like the pattern and you are disappointed, if it was mine I would finish it and seek help next time to get the results you are seeking. If you use it as a gift, I believe the recipient will be quite happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Christine: I agree with all the other gals. It is gorgeous. Everyone likes something handmade and if I were you I would give to a person in assisted living facility and they will just brag to everyone what a "lovely shawl it is and the wonderful lady who gave it to me!!!!!" Do not rip out and start over!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's beautiful, but I do like the look of the stitching on the left side as opposed to the right. I am not a knitter (knitted a mohair pink cable sweater for my daughter 30 years ago that turned out beautiful. It was the first and last thing I ever knitted. I just prefer crocheting).
    Cathy

Post Thanks / Like
    I too agree, beautiful. I would not change a thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your problem is that you want it to be perfect and not many of the things I make meet that standard so I think it looks great. If you want to send this one to me and make another I will allow you to do that! So good of me!! lol Seriously, we are mostly crocheters but I have knit a couple of things and I can't see the problem.

15. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post