Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Need some advice on a project!

A friend of mine has asked me to make some items for parents that have lost children. Weather they were adults or babies. I have no idea what someone who has lost someone would even want as a remembrance of there loves one. So I'm asking you lovely people if you have any ideas as of what I could make.
    I know usually it is a personal preference as it what each one wants but maybe we could come up with some kind of Ideas.
    Thanks, Christa

2. Likes calicat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen a site where they make little angels for something like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about crocheting flowers?

Post Thanks / Like
    As a parent who lost her only child through domestic violence 16 years ago , there is nothing that I would want to have in her memory. The only thing I want I cannot have and that is to have her back. All I have left is memories and pictures and they do not ease the pain. All I can do is wait until God decides to reunite me with her. I am quite sure every parent who has lost a child, no matter what age they were, would want only one thing, and that is to have them back again. Also for law enforcement personnel to ENFORCE the gun laws we have and make it extremely difficult for criminals to get their hands on guns. I'll get off my soapbox now.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Irish I agree with you, there is nothing tangible that would help in the slightest, I lost my first husband and there is nothing anyone could give me that would help.. The only thing I can think of would be to donate something to a charity in that persons name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Irish, I am so sorry for your loss.I am sure the only thing you would want is the loved one back. I'm sorry if I hit a nerve or offended anyone. I didn't mean to do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your concern for others is wonderful. I have a couple of guardian angels that some of my crochettalk friends have made and sent me and I look at them everyday and I think of the person who sent them. Mine are very, very small to 2-3 inchs. I put them on my lamp that sits by my chair so they are around me when I sit and crochet. Off the wall I thought of a crocheted picture frame for them to display a picture of their loved one in. I don't think you said anything wrong.

9. Likes amanda, billiebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry for your loss. Yes, that would be what I would want most, them back. Hugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is so very sweet that you would want to try to ease the hurt. I lost a 17 daughter to Leukemia. The thing that popped into my mind first was the sweaters that are sent to kids all over the world thru Guidepost magazine. Thank you for caring!

12. Likes carenjo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone posted some time ago for babies who passed, a member made wraps for them to be buried in. I cannot remember what they were called though. Also some sort of book mark with a remembrance poem would be nice and work up quickly. Maybe baby blue and baby pink thread for little ones. For older children, you could use reds, purples, green, purple - the favorite color of the child.

14. Likes amanda, carenjo liked this post