This just really gets me. I have no idea why there is such a bias against crocheters. My daughter and I talk about this a lot. A few months back we went to a warehouse of a well known website. Once they learned we crochet instead of knit they were pretty much done with us. Went to a specialty yarn shop in Columbus and got the same thing. Pretty much snubbed once we told them we crochet.

A few months ago I was asked to apply to teach a class at a huge Knit/Crochet show. So I applied but my class I think was outside their norm as I applied to teach a class on how to sell what you make on Etsy and on your own website. They said it was a novel idea but not one they were sure would get sign ups.

Anyway I got a reject letter for my class proposal which is no big deal. But the letter also included this

"to the teachers that submitted crochet classes we are sorry but since there is such a limited interest in crochet we will not be offering crochet classes this year" Participation in crochet classes is just not popular enough but we hope to add them in the future"

Grrrr. So ticks me off!

Okay I feel better now lol