Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What Is Your Favorite Method Of Joining Your Granny Squares And Why?

Since there is alot of granny square fever going on, I thought I would ask this question. I have only crocheted the slip stitch and the single crochet method. I like the slip stitch method so far because it makes for a neat looking border on the front side of the blanket. And the back of the blanket looks good too. This method I am talking about is that when you put your squares together you slip stitch just in the outside stitch of each square. You do not go through the whole stitch. I watched a video on you tube by Very Pink Knits on how to crochet a granny square. This method she talks about and shows you is almost at the end of the video. It turns out very good.
    Crochet Chickadee

2. Likes justplainjudy, cag2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by libertylady64 View Post
    Since there is alot of granny square fever going on, I thought I would ask this question. I have only crocheted the slip stitch and the single crochet method. I like the slip stitch method so far because it makes for a neat looking border on the front side of the blanket. And the back of the blanket looks good too. This method I am talking about is that when you put your squares together you slip stitch just in the outside stitch of each square. You do not go through the whole stitch. I watched a video on you tube by Very Pink Knits on how to crochet a granny square. This method she talks about and shows you is almost at the end of the video. It turns out very good.
    My favorite method is the continuous join it is fast and easy with only two yarn tails, the beginning and the end. This is the only method I will ever use. There is a two part You Tube Tutorial on the continuous join method which is excellent. I have recently posted reference to this method and the links to the videos on my Blog Ideal Delusions: So Why Sew ?
    There are free patterns on my blog and everyone is welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have looked at the continuance join one other time and really like it. Will look again. Thanks.

5. Likes N/A, libertylady64, DorisAnn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally only make the one huge granny square because I don't like sewing the squares together, but I would probably use the same method as you Libertylady, but the one where you make chains and sc looks interesting too, but not so sure how well it would hole up.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for this post..I checked out the continuous method and really like it..I am (again) redoing my squares to the rose afghan I am making..I am going to map it out first but yes I will be doing the continuous method as it is lacy looking like my alternate blocks. I can't say enough how much I really love this group and all you fine ladies..I am learning so much more than I ever though I could..big hugs!

8. Likes libertylady64, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just whip stitch them together but it sure is tedious and I too am open to suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness. I just learned from YOUTUBE the continuous join. OK a little practice, but only a beginning tail and an ending tail to weave in.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I was given a black garbage bag of squares to put together. Maybe a zillion of them. I dreaded it until I found this method. I whipped through the entire bag. All done and ready to donate.

So easy. Linda

11. Likes DorisAnn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We (my little drafting group here) have 3 garbage bags filled with granny squares to be made into lapghans or blankets. Maybe I need to learn this one?

13. Likes DorisAnn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OH YES please go to youtube an look at it. OK the first round made me dizzy. ( uh yes I am blonde #6A)LOL.
    But once you get the basic idea. AWAY you go. Her blanket was small. BUT it is so easy to just keep going to the size you want.

I am sooooooo THRILLED no ends to tie in. And it is also forgiving if the squares are a little off in size. Doesn't matter.
    I wish I could post a pix, (remember I said I was BLONDE). I will never do them any other way EVER AGAIN!!!!!!

"Continuous join for Granny Sqs" on youtube.

Linda

15. Likes DorisAnn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee1313 View Post
    OH YES please go to youtube an look at it. OK the first round made me dizzy. ( uh yes I am blonde #6A)LOL.
    But once you get the basic idea. AWAY you go. Her blanket was small. BUT it is so easy to just keep going to the size you want.

Linda
    I found several but I think I like this one the best so far: