Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL !!!
    All the stories, Poems were Beautiful and I wish I could say how I feel but I cant. I dont want to hurt my Mother yet I have forgiven her & hope God and the angels are looking out for her. Im a good kind person because I have her blood & I had to learn something from her (Take too long). Bless all The Mothers For Giving us a Chance in Life.

2. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jean Marie for the posts! I have some different goodies that I have purchased to use in the contests. It can be anything ranging from yarn, fancy writing paper, organizational items, to whatever I have bought that I think would be nice to receive as a little "gift."

Sometimes, people who have their own crochet business will donate a pattern or crochet hook. Also kl1000 made us some doilies (three of them) we used for three of our contests. Hope this gives you some ideas.

4. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My best Mother's Day gift for me was 19 years ago on May 7th 1994 when I had my second son on MOTHER'S DAY! That was very special to me! My older son is born 1 week after my birthday and my youngest is born 1 week before my birthday! To me they were all born on special days my oldest was also born the day after my dads 50th birthday! That means there are 4 Leo's that rule the family LOL! My son birthday is tomorrow and we celebrated it early because I have to go back to VALLEY CHILDRENS Hospital! Basically every MOTHERS DAY I tell everyone I don't need anything because I have my MOTHER'S DAY GIFT and my whole family is all I need for MOTHER'S DAY! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda you are a Wonderful Mother for all the Boys and EXTRA SPECIAL Grandmama to COOPER who visit more then your at home, you stay up at RMH clean & cook ,go feed & all the duties for COOPER YOU ARE THE MOTHER/GRANDMAMA of THE YEAR!!
    In my eyes you are. We miss you on your CT Family Forms. Have a super Mother Day where ever you are xoxoxoxo & HUG to Cooper.

8. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have made something before, not knowing what it was going to be, and then decided what it could be. I crocheted what could have been wings or a dress and put a wooden ball on top for the head ( I think I put eyes and a mouth on it- .. -like she was singing) and made it like she was holding a choir folder or sheet music(I used acid free paper or construction paper for this) and I made it into a Christmas ornament and I gave it to my Mom for Christmas one year.

Another time I think I crocheted something that either didn't turn out or I didn't know what it was going to be or didn't have enough of that yarn in one piece of yarn. Anyways, it turned out to be a flower or a rose and I might have given it to
    my Mom.
    The sweater I made for my niece-I was trying out a new stitch and it rolled up and I made it to be her initial on the pocket of the sweater. and then when I started to crochet a pocket with a little bit of yarn and there wasn't enough yarn-all in one strand for the other pocket and I wanted it all in one piece (or strand) of yarn and I ended up making it into a rosebud for the other pocket. I didn't have a pattern for the sweater. I just did what stitches I wanted to do.

10. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wish she even knew she is a Mom...

Last year my mother was put in a nursing home with Alzheimer's Disease. She doesn't remember who anyone is, not even her husband. She doesn't even realize that her oldest daughter, my precious sister passed away a year ago June 12th. The last time I talked to her on the phone I said "Happy Birthday" Mom and she said MOM???? This kind of choked me up...but I still keep in touch and send her cards and small gifts because no matter what...she is still my mother and I love her.
    Angel

12. Likes amanda, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    oh bless all your hearts. made me choke up reading these heartfelt words. Makes me realise that i am lucky in a lot of ways that my mum is still here although i havent seen her for 6 years, and dont know when we can afford to go visit. I met and married my wonderful air force hubby and left england in 2003, and i know it broke her heart that i took her grandkids away. But she never made me feel guilty. This may sound weird but last mothers day i sent her flowers as i always do, and all of a sudden it hit me what a terrific mum she has always been. Guess being 40 something now i appreciate her strength - my dad died when i was 15 leaving her to raise me and 3 brothers , all a year apart. Never heard her complain and only saw her cry twice. Anyway, this year i have crocheted the purple blanket i posted here a while back for her. Part of me is in it, so i can wrap her in a bear hug every time she lays under it.

14. Likes amanda, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My mother passed in 1997 and I still think of her every day. I wish I could share my grandchildren with her! There were 5 children in our family and after she passed, we found quilts she had made for each of us that we did not know about. Mom loved to bake cookies and Parkerhouse rolls and it was always a joke that she would have the rolls made to eat after her funeral. Sure enough, her freezer was full. On the counter were cookies she had made but did not get put away! We siblings just had to laugh!!!!!

16. Likes amanda, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Removed Post.
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 05-10-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have wonderful memories of past Mother's days. I have two daughters and they are simply wonderful. When my girls were little, they would make Mother's day cards instead of buying them, that is still our tradition. These cards always mean so much and I know that they were made from the heart. Instead of presents, my girls give me a day with them. This is either a day with them separately, or a day with the two of them and me. A day for us to just do fun things. In our busy lifestyles, sometimes we just need to take time to do what is important and share time with each other. The last girl's day out was to go to the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre for a dinner and a musical. It was simply wonderful! This time, we did take my 6 year old grandson with us, he said it was great to have a date with Grandma and I totally agree! We are currently planning another date with him as well. This Mother's Day will be very special also, my youngest daughter will be celebrating her 1st Mother's Day! I have been blessed with two wonderful daughters and a wonderful grandson and now a granddaughter! Life is good and I thank God for my many blessings!

19. Likes amanda, N/A, Lili liked this post