Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Caron Simply Soft, have used it for a lot of things. They are more likely to have the colors that you need also. Happy crocheting for that precious little one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Red Heart for babies and children. It washes like a hanky and wears like iron, standing up to all the laundering that age group necessitates. Feeling the yarns at the store and reading the labels as advised by the other members.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have decided on one yarn so far but not for the blanket with the darker colors.
    I chose bernat baby coordinates for no other reason then I already have some. so the baby will be getting 2 blankets one of the blankets will be a star blanket in bernat. Grandma will be getting a swirl blanket that will be finished with the yarn that I will start the baby's blanket Grandmas swirl blanket will be made with my left over yarn.

and the other blanket which I have still not decided on the brand to use leaning towards caron simply soft but my concern is that it is now only being carried in 1 of the 3 stores in my town.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you can call ahead for their delivery days and see if your colour/yarn has come in; ask for them to put some aside for ya; that way you know you will have some to at least finish your projects.....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't like buying things online but I found great deals online with Joanne's, I had bought some yarn at Wal-Mart and they discontinued it but Joanne's had it and we found a free shipping coupon! I think I saw yesterday they have free shipping again! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking a nice soft cotton yarn would be good for southern CA. I wear cotton sweaters in winter in Wisconsin and they do keep me warm. However, they breathe better than acrylic, so if it turns out to be warmer than I thought I don't stew in my own juices like I do in an acrylic sweater. Have a great time making your afghan!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use either Red Heart or caron for babies. AudreyL

Post Thanks / Like
    A sock yarn would work well into a baby blanket, and your colors wouldn't be limited. As baby yarn is usually limited to pastels. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    MsBhaven, I have been using Caron Simply Soft for baby afghans. It is not too heavy for California or Texas where I live.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I like to use caron or Red Heart AudreyL