Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last

Thread: Knook

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up! Have a great New Year Judi!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Help in locating the Knook at Wal Mart

Thank each of you ladies for all your help. I don't get out much but my wonderful husband will look for things for me at Wal Mart to compare prices. If the price will offset the shipping expense - in some cases that is as much or sometimes more than the item purchased- he will get the item there for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Nook

Hi ya! I bought the Book kit that came with 4 patterns. I have not tried it, but it looks easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Knook

I worked with my knook yesterday for a short while. It was awkward, but so was crocheting in the beginning, so I am determined to give it a few more tries. It does lack the smooth flow of crocheting which is enjoyable to me. But I am determined not to give up so easily. At this point I have to give it my complete attention and sit in front of the tutorial to follow along.
    Good Luck to us all.
    Happy New Year
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Knook is on my list of things to learn in 2012! The tid bits of information you ladies have provided so for is very helpful and if I have awkward moments in the beginning I know I am not alone. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to get my scarf finished for the Virginia Special Olympics. I only have a few more rows to go, so I should be able to get it done tonight, and then my Knook and I are going to sit down and have a serious conversation

7. Likes Barbara G., Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried the Knook again. This time I got through about 4 rows before I lost my patience. Maybe it would be easier to just learn to knit.....but that wasn't exactly a rousing success the last time I tried!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the Knook kit from HSN. It came with 5 hooks, different lengths of cord, a few patterns and basic instructions. I found it much better to go to Leisure Arts website for instructions. They have some very nice videos for more that just the basic stitches.
    I just finished a scarf. It is a little slower than knitting, but I'm sure I'll be faster on the next project.
    I like the fact that it is easy to correct any errors in a complicated pattern. I think I will be able to use the knook system with any knit pattern. You can also use them as a circular needles.
    Hope this helps.

10. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Debie I have a set of Knook Hooks. I am just getting around to learning how to use them. Another writer stated that Leasure Arts is a good place to find instruction and patterns for the Knook. I have been in the hospital the past two weeks and have done little toward my crocheting or any other needle craft. I hope I have been of some help to you tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Patricia! I have been in the hospital for the past 2 weeks and have not kept up with things here. Have a great weekend!