Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Identical twin, I'm 5 minutes older. Libraries are available still minimun miles 20 each way. My son lives in south Nashville and I lived all around there. Last time I lived in Old Hickory. I would probably move back to your area. Maybe we should exchange homes? lol It is my grandfather's farm that was divided and I live in the old 2 room schoolhouse he built in the 30s. It is bigger now but my grandfather built it and let all the kids go to school for free. I love the place but I miss going to a movie or eating some different food.

2. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Flora
    I make baby blankets for the crisis pregnancy center. I must say the one skein pattern gives me the pips! I make a blanket, go back to the one skein, rip it out and make a different blanket. When that one is finished I try the one skein one again. I an determined that I will one time conquer it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, I've heard of Spencer but not sure I've ever been there. My actual address is Ooltewah. It is a little north of Chattanooga. Between Chattanooga and Cleveland but if I ever say Ooltewah no one, usually, has ever heard of it. It is a tiny town but has everything you need close and not far from Chattanooga.

Flo, I'd like to see that one skien pattern. Is that all you call it? Can I find it on you tube?

5. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes we save ourselves a lot of time if we make up a swatch of the stitches before starting the actual project.
    That being said I almost never follow my own advise and do that, but it is a good idea to do so you get a good idea of how the pattern is worked at the end and beginning of each row. Some patterns take a little longer to understand, don't get discouraged, just work on learning the pattern and find tricks to show you where the last stitch should go, maybe using some type of stitch marker to mark it in the beginning will help. Just a different colored yarn or a bobby pin can be a stitch marker.

Hope this will help.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like

Go Mama!

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Jeremy View Post
    Hi Flora
    I make baby blankets for the crisis pregnancy center. I must say the one skein pattern gives me the pips! I make a blanket, go back to the one skein, rip it out and make a different blanket. When that one is finished I try the one skein one again. I an determined that I will one time conquer it!
    You Go Mama Jeremy!!
    Wow on making blankets for a good cause.
    WHAT a good idea!
    When I run out of projects, I will remember that.
    Oh, my name is Flo (my online name is floro).
    Be proud of not giving up, Mama J. I know I'm not going to.
    May the ripping days come to an end soon if not now,
    Flo

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a lifetime friend that is a fraternal twin. I have taught fraternal twins, but not identical even though we had sets in our school. I am 13 months older than my middle brother and he has always felt like a twin to me.
    Twin Power!
    Flo

Post Thanks / Like
    Check on allfrreecrochet for one skein blankets. It showers a child with the same color hat as the blanket.it is real cute!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love being a twin and specially an identical. She is so much more than a sister. I have one of them as well and it is nothing like a twin. We never did the tricks everyone thinks twins do. We always wanted to be our own person and not be confused with each other. Although it has happened naturally once one of Kaye's babies came to me pulling on my skirt and asking for Mama and wasn't too happy when I picked him/her up and finally realized I wasn't the Mama they wanted. First husband mixed us up early but not after that. I still have to tell Kaye which one of us is her in pictures of us as children.

11. Likes Kathy B., Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Flo,
    You are so encouraging! I am saying when, not if, I conquer the pattern I will shout it to all my crochet friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have noticed problems with patterns often, and rather then stress over too much I make adjustments as I go along. I try to remind myself that crochet is suppose to be fun, and not a source of aggravation. Often I find I like my own pattern better in the end then the one I was going for to begin with.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Jeremy View Post
    I have crocheted for years. I also am having trouble with counting on a pattern I got from All Free Crochet. It is for a one skein hat and blanket. The picture is shown in a lavender yarn. I have grid it so many times and the repeats come out all off. I count closely but never get it right. When I bring it out to try my husband looks over the top of his glasses and wonders how many timesI will pull it out.