Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    All three are important, counting rows, tension, and how you end and begin rows. Counting helps you to see if you're actually crocheting the same amount of stitches; tension helps to see if you have loosened or tighten your stitches along the way, and depending on the stitch you use will determine how to end and begin rows. As long as I've been crocheting, I still have to count, check the tension, and make sure how I do the rows is consistent throughout. Hope this helps.

2. Likes Landon, Kathy B., MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to too, whether it's suppose to be done or not it certainly saves time because I don't have to unravel so many rows.

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Amen, Dhibbard!
    Smiles,
    Flo

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes we save ourselves a lot of time if we make up a swatch of the stitches before starting the actual project.
    That being said I almost never follow my own advise and do that, but it is a good idea to do so you get a good idea of how the pattern is worked at the end and beginning of each row. Some patterns take a little longer to understand, don't get discouraged, just work on learning the pattern and find tricks to show you where the last stitch should go, maybe using some type of stitch marker to mark it in the beginning will help. Just a different colored yarn or a bobby pin can be a stitch marker.

Hope this will help.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ya'll

If your stitches tend to be to tight when you first start crocheting change to a bigger hook, counting is a must if you want the same amount of stitches. Unravel? I am the queen of unraveling....My B/F looks at me and says, "what? not again?" And I tell him yep, my mom and grandma taught me if you going to do something do it right....(they used to tear out my work if it wasn't done right, that is how I learned to unravel)

Tigg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Floro!!

I am in Desloge, which is up in the Ozark Mountains. I marked it in Google maps, hope this works, LOL

[URL]https://maps.google.com/[/URL]

I hear you, patterns can be really hard to read! I stick to simple patterns or make it up as I go. I know that limits me a lot, I have learning how to read patterns on my To DO list!!

Happy Crafting!
    Landon

9. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon,
    Silly me, I read where you were from and at a quick look I saw design! Hahaha!

11. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landon the best way to learn to read a pattern is have the abbreviation on the same page as you are working then when you read it instead of reading sc read it as single crochet then there are brackets that are repeated so many times as well as parenthesis that are inside brackets or by themselves the same goes for those work them as many times as it says so you may have to repeats the bracket and parenthesis so many times An * means the same as parenthesis. I hope this helps you out
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

13. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Hi, Floro!!

I am in Desloge, which is up in the Ozark Mountains. I marked it in Google maps, hope this works, LOL

https://maps.google.com/

I hear you, patterns can be really hard to read! I stick to simple patterns or make it up as I go. I know that limits me a lot, I have learning how to read patterns on my To DO list!!

Happy Crafting!
    Landon

Hey, Landon,
    Oh, I see, you are almost straight across going east from my direction in the state! We are moving from big city life to the quiet country. Can't wait!!
    Thanks for your friendliness,
    Flo

15. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaymory was right on everything. I have been crocheting for years and I count every stitch I do. Welcome to our Forum
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

17. Likes Landon liked this post