Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am with some of the others. I would ask one of the new parents to be honest with me & tell them I'd like to do something special just for her. Not to put in a drawer, but to be used. Ask on the phone, or in person, to get the best response. Make something else for the babies later.. bottle covers/insulators are popular & I've seen free patterns for them. Blankets,cocoons, layettes, hats, toys. Patterns are cute, simple, many are free if you know how to look. Even diaper covers are coming back. Just imagining my work soaked in baby urine or something worse makes me cringe. I haven't made any of those but the patterns are free. Best of luck,
    Jane

2. Likes Carolyn1953 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    One thought for mom is whether she is going to breastfeed, then a lightweight shawl might be nice when she goes out in public. Otherwise, I would have to agree that if they are not going to use what you make - then you could use your energy on something they will use.
    My thoughts, exactly, though I would first find out if she is going to breast feed. It's nice you want to do something for her.. A lot of mother-in-laws would just crochet for the babies! What about slippers? I remember having to get out of bed to feed my daughter in the winter and having cold toes. Caro

4. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with the rest, check with the parents to be. Explain you want the gift to be used and you would like to make what she would like/use. My vote would be a lapghan to be used on cold nights.

6. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are not old fashioned...I am making a poncho for myself....but it was better to find out now than her not using it....since you obviously want to make something, how about a snuggie?

8. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are all full of such good ideas. Everyone give yourself a pat on the back.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are in style again at the moment, but she is the mother of your grandchildren, so if you want to see them, you will have to cater to her whims a bit.

11. Likes janie mae liked this post