Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use safety pins to mark the beginning of rounds(they wont fall out like the split rings do. or sometimes bobby pins
    You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.- Mark Twain

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do too, but I was just curious.....

Post Thanks / Like
    TGsDAD- I like Susan Bates hooks as well. Try joann.com and/or acmoore.com to purchase. acmoore has the most reasonable shipping charges. Worth paying s&h if you can't find the hooks anyplace else. Happy stitching. imalefty

5. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just use pen and paper for counting, i make 4 marks ten a line through making it 5. for each group like that it is 5. then all you have to do is count 5,10,15, etc. that is the way i was taught.

7. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen the digital counters before and I'm way too budget minded to pay that much. I bought a manual counter from Joanns for $1.99. It's very convenient, slips on a standard crochet hook or knitting needle and when you finish a row/round, you just turn the little spin wheel up one row.

9. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a large clear plastic tool box that is about 20" long 10" deep and 10" wide. It works great for knitting needle storage and I have 3 sets+ of crochet hooks. When I do different weights of thread and yarns I have different favorites. If I bend or break a hook, I purchase replacement hooks in whatever I can find. I don't like the 'frosted' looking metal hooks. I don't think the yarn slides well, I like the high polish of the aluminum and steel, but have used bamboo and plastic, too. I use a large metal tin that a large fruitcake came in once and that's where I put all of my regular crochet hooks. I love to have everything right by my chairside but do tend to do a lot of 'fetching' throught projects until I have everything in the livingroom that I might need for that project.

11. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    GramaKate, we do a lot of the same things...I have a snickers tin that is just long enough for my thread hooks; it fits what I am working but I have a small but cool backpack and it sits right under my table...there are my other hooks and the neat stuff like pins, needles etc....I just wanted to know if that counter would have been worth it....I too am on a budget so I don't purchase w/o some research...thanks all again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a wonderful set of hooks that I love and they work soooo well for me. They are Etimo by Tulip Co., Ltd (a Japanese company). They are distributed by Caron International. I found them on Amazon and have seen them on other sites. The hook is aluminum but they have a wonderful rubber-type grip that is so great for arthritic hands. They come in a really nice set size D-3 to J-10 in a nice soft case with scissors, metal darning needles and ruler. They are a bit pricey (about $52 per set) but are well worth the price. I never want to use other needles now that I have these. I highly recommend them!

14. Likes Anaisa, TGsDad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I store my hooks in a metal pencil case that has a zipper closing so my cat can't run off with them and I must keep the thread in a covered container or it will be in the middle of the living room in the morning. Not sure if that is the cat or the dog. LOL

16. Likes Anaisa liked this post