Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used how-to videos on You Tube to learn about a hairstyle for a costume party. My son uses it frequently to learn how to play various songs on the keyboard. It is amazing what can be found on the Internet. I'll bet YouTube has videos on crocheting too. I'll have to check that out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Am sorta the lazy type and would anyone post some links of sites they have used that have good material on crocheting for beginners. It will save me a lot of time trying to sift through the material myself since I do not know exactly what to look for. Long live the Internet!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only been using internet crocheting sites in the last few months. I have found allfreecrochet.com to be really good. They have links to tutorials, lots of free patterns, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTheLearner View Post
    Am sorta the lazy type and would anyone post some links of sites they have used that have good material on crocheting for beginners. It will save me a lot of time trying to sift through the material myself since I do not know exactly what to look for. Long live the Internet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Computers are a Godsend these days! You can get answers to all your questions! I use my computer for email and keeping up with these forums! And of course to find free crochet patterns!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone

I just joined the CrochetTalk community. I am splitting my time between Illinois and Rhode Island at the present time. Since my boyfriend has basically been in the hospital since Sept 10th, I have been getting a lot of crocheting done. Don't know how much time I will have to check into this site as I spend 12 to 14 hours at the hospital on a daily basis.

Mindy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mindy,
    I too am new to the CrochetTalk community. Let me welcome you. I love to hear about projects others are making.
    I grew up in Carpentersville, IL. myself, but I have lived in Va. and N.C. all of my adult life with just a brief 2 1/2 years in NJ in the '80s.
    I am sorry to hear about your boyfriends illness and and I wish him all the best. I know for me crocheting helps me through times of stress and worry. And now they say it is good to lower blood pressure too.
    Judi

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group Mindy! Nice to meet you - hope all gets better for your situation!

Post Thanks / Like
    I teach crocheting at a local museum and refer my students to the Internet quite often. I, too, am amazed at the bounty of good things out there.

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Newby

Hi Ladies
    Yes, Welcome to Crochet Talk. Its great to have so many new names on the list and so much new stuff to talk about. Sorry to hear of your boyfriend, hope he recovers soon. Yes, crochet does help keep the hands and mind busy at times, especially when troubled. Misty

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I agree the internet is a great place to find free patterns and things. I really like it because if I am having trouble with a certain stitch, I can look it up and even watch a tutorial.