Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last

Thread: sashay yarn

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your advice. Do you go into every loop or skip some or what???

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, CarynJoy! You posted " I've made up my own tutorials for curly scarves, using regular yarn... ". Pretty please, will you share them with us? I'd certainly love to try creating one!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Sashay yarn

Quote Originally Posted by Franzell View Post
    Thanks for your advice. Do you go into every loop or skip some or what???
    Sometimes I skip one loop and others two, it depends on the yarn. If I use Sashay I usually skip two loops and slip stitch in the third one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn E View Post
    Hi there, CarynJoy! You posted " I've made up my own tutorials for curly scarves, using regular yarn... ". Pretty please, will you share them with us? I'd certainly love to try creating one!
    Hi Lynn,
    The 3 patterns for the curly scarf are in one PDF file and up for sale on Etsy.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1134646...urly-scarf-pdf
    You could do a google search as well, and most likely fine one for free.
    Caryn Joy

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Carynjoyb View Post
    Hi Lynn,
    The 3 patterns for the curly scarf are in one PDF file and up for sale on Etsy.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1134646...urly-scarf-pdf
    You could do a google search as well, and most likely fine one for free.
    Caryn Joy
    I gave simple directions in the method I use to do these scarves last week. If you would like to have these instructions emailed to you, contact me at jgeer@sc.rr.com. Free of charge.

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been toying with the idea of using the sashay "yarn" as a ruffle on a shawl. I havent tried it yet but think it would be quite pretty. Before I try it I have a unisex prayer shawl to finish as well as a crocheted Nativity set that needs to be done by Dec. 6. The shawl is half done - shouold finish it tonight or tomorrow and the Nativity set, well all the pieces/parts are done, I just have to put them together, add hair and faces and that will be done. Also have had a request for a basset hound purse and a turtle hat - no patterns for either of those, so I'll have to do some creative thinking there. Cant anyone figure out ho to make a 30 hour day or an 8 day week?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn E View Post
    I think any of the popular sites that offer free patterns will have these. I made quite a few for Christmas last few years. Try Crochet Pattern central, or Redheart, Lion Brand, etc. or just google it. They're all over. And easy to do.

Basically, you're doing more stitches in each row then you already had, which makes it curl. So you can get really curley, less curley, wide or skinny, striped or just do last row in different color. Once you do one, it's endless what you can do with it. Have fun & Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have watched a few videos, as I have two colors of sashay yarn and see now I was not doing
    the crochet right...maybe I will get out the yarn and try again...sort of waiting for the right time, and
    it cold, and raining for 3rd straight day, so not moving anywhere out...our schools are all closed, and
    it is a bear, out there..that is for sure. My driver to go to the doctors tomorrow just called and I may
    not or change my appt....
    I hope every one, in Sandys path is okay...stay warm and safe.
    Mary-Ohio

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Sashay Scarves

Joyennerose & MaryP11,
    I tried each of the different instructions from various yarn makers and watched the videos that are available. I found them to be unsatisfactory and cumbersome. That is why I developed my own method which has been most satisfactory and attractive. I have sold several of these scarves also. Should you want to get a copy of my method (instructions), just email me and request them. I'll be happy to share and hope others who have a favorite pattern or innovation will do the same with me. My email address is: jgeer@sc.rr.com.
    Last edited by jrgeer; 10-30-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: miss keying due to too long fingernails

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see some pictures of the scarfs you are making! hope someone shares..