Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I taught my daughter how to crochet when she was 8 yrs. old, and she is left handed. I placed her facing me and told her to watch and do what I did. She caught on very fast and Her first big project was a bed doll. she just couldn't master the decreased stitch till a year latter,. She is 38 now and doesn't do it anymore because of a broken wrist a few yrs. back causes to much pain. Back when she first started to crochet, I was so backed up on orders for the beddolls, she helped me finish the orders. She was so gifted and could take over for me without a change in the stitches, alot of people can't do that because their tention may be different. My older daughter crochets too, but cannot read patterns. Its so good of you to take the time to teach. I think your terriffic for doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I am left handed and only left handed. I was taught by a right-handed co-worker and I sat beside her and learned quickly. She was/is a great teacher. I have gone to youtube and watched videos, they are most helpful. The most difficulty I have had is filet patterns. Because they are read backwards to my left-handed mind. Thank you for asking!

Post Thanks / Like
    TMhutch, I enjoy filet patterns and I am left handed, the pic ones are very easy for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your response. I have a difficult time with the pic filet too. I just need to practice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it your tension? As a mostly self taugh crocheter, my tension w/ thread was awful...but I've overcome that issue....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Grandma G; I'm a lefty and learned to crochet many years ago from a right-handed person. I had no trouble learning from her. Basically, you just do everything backwards from the way it is shown for a righty. Back then, there wasn't much attention paid to left-handed people, but now you can find tutorials for lefties with an internet search. Good luck, and I hope you'll learn to love crocheting just as much as I do!
    Mimi49