Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678

Thread: Christmas Gifts

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again Valentine,

I did find the pattern you used. It looks like it did up very quickly. I'll have to give them a try, I'll let you know when I do. I love Annies Attic. Thanks for offering the pattern.

I have been working on a scarf the past few days in the wave pattern. But I am coming to think this pattern would be better used for an afghan, or with thinner thread then the 4 ply, it is working up very wide for a scarf I think.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again, back to you. Got the slipper pattern / book from my mom's library when she passed away in 2000. Have made up several pair and they work up pretty fast, 2-4 nights of T.V. and they are made. My husband loves his,they are really warm in wintery days like now. Suggestion---pick a 4-ply and a soft-fluffy type for the main slipper and the fluffy for the ruffle around top. (two 4-ply is too heavy and there is no give/flexability for comfort.) do let me know how you like the pattern. Happy crocheting, Caroline
    Last edited by valentine; 01-16-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was getting my hair cut the other day a lady had some knit items in there to sell. They were out of wool and felt so nice and warm. I think I will hold off until I can get some nice wool rather then the acrylic yarn that I have here to make slippers. She said she just wears a pr. of wool socks around the house because they are so warm. I myself have never worn wool much, but I do imagine it to be warmer......works for the animals doesn't it? Lol.

Thanks for the tip on the two types of yarn valentine/Caroline. That is good to know.

Have a happy day of crochet.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome! I cannot wear wool or even work with it, my skin does not like woooooool! Keep warm, Caroline

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have wondered about that myself and that is probably what has kept me away from using it. I'll let you know how it works out for me.

I just finished my third baby hat in what I like to call the Envelope pattern. I am working up some things and holding them until one of my crochet groups donate to the hospitals again. I am sure we will be doing more soon. So now I am thinking about what to do next.

Happy stitching.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Thread closed due to length. Feel free to post a new discussion thread within the main category. Let me know if you need any help with anything. Thank you!