Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used multi-colored marled yarn for a border to bring all the colors of a project done in several colors together.
    A variegated yarn done in garter stitch will make a lovely "tweed" item.
    I have seen patterns made specifically for a variegated yarn that "pools" the yarn for splotches of colors. An afghan for a man from "camo" yarn comes to mind. I think it might have been on the Lion Brand Yarn site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Multicoloured yarns have so many possibilities! I'll use them for shawls and let the yarns make an amazing pattern, I'll put a ball of mulitcoloured yarns with a matching solid.

Just let your imagination go with it! You can use multicolored yarns anyplace where you would use a solid colour.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

3. Likes billiebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, yes Barbara the downloads are on line. I use the redhart one the most. But now is a good time to download them with the new types of yarn. I saw lion brand has mini skeins of a cotton yarn. Cute but online looked expensive.
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you all for the wonderful answers!! I'm making some wash cloths with some multi colored cotton i have, with matching solid colored ones as well. I also just made this bag a few days ago with some red heart multi colored yarn! you guys are right, sometimes you get the best patterns without trying!

The Hippy Hooker: Book/Laptop Bag Pattern!

6. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love multicolored yarn also. I have made some beautiful afghans using the multicolored yarn with one, two or three solid colors that match throughout. I have seen a granny square afghan using multicolored yarns for the square and using black as the last row and then sewn together. Quite pretty and colorful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really love your bag! I have a weekness for purses and bags! Keep up the good work!

9. Likes thehippyhooker liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using multi colored yarn to make my grandson a blue,brown, beige and red (multi colored) afghan. Every two rows a different color.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find using a variety of stitches with multicolored yarn often results in very pretty and unusual patterns. In addition to all the items mentioned above, you can make lapghans and blankets for the animal shelter. I just made several wristlets using multicolored yarn that are going to a women's shelter.

I recently made a hat in hdc in a two tone green and white multicolored yarn. When I got to the brim I did sc in the opposite direction for 4 rows. Made for an intriguing hat. Your eye knows something is different, but it takes a minute or two for the brain to catch on.

12. Likes Theresa L liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've also made afghans with multi colored yarn! They come out very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used multicoloured yarn whenever I want to create some 'interest' in a pattern.

Fingerless Gloves pattern
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

15. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post