Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pineypooh, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Ivy for sharing the video!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kay,
    I have found that the cotton ones hold up a lot better. Great for washing a baby too. I have saved on so many paper towels. I use them to dry my hands in the kitchen and when it's time to wash it, I wipe down the counter and stove top with it. Wash it and dry it and it's like new.

Quote Originally Posted by kaytech59 View Post
    I've never used a crochet scrubber. I have several friends who have asked me to make some. I have several fun patterns to choose from. My probelm, some are done in cotton and some in acrylic. Which yarn is better for scrubbers used for household purposes?
    Also, any tips on scrubber construction? I noticed the hook size varied from E-H,
    regardless of yarn type.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use cotton or the Needleloft yarn which you should be able to get at Wal-Mart. I use a size G or H hook and just make a circle until it is the size I want. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    thanks Ivy for sharing the video!
    Val :
    You are very welcome....
    sharing is gaining I've gain so much more since I found here to land on....blessing on me
    Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I use nylon netting/tulle that is sold by the yard on a bolt like fabric then you cut it into 1 1/2 inch wide strips .Tie it together and crochet it to make pot scrubbers. Ch4, join with sl st. then dc 12 around join with sl st. then 2dc in each st so you get 24sts.join with sl st then sc in each stitch for 3 rounds then sc in every other stitch to close it up on the back side then just shove the ends into it and tie it off and you have a pot scrubber.
    You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.- Mark Twain

7. Likes shoover liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it depends on the intended purpose for the scrubby. For the shower, I prefer the cotton as it's softer on the skin. For the kitchen I like the synthetics because they dry more quickly and don't absorb the soap/detergent as much and get smelly.
    I've also used a couple of small skeins of needlepoint yarn for plastic canvas, just because I liked the sparkly colors and I've never gotten into plastic canvas. These are really sturdy, dry quickly and come out a little larger than cotton or acrylic. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think the cotton would absorb better. I have made several dish rags with cotton and they work very well. I don't know about the acrylic though. I'd like to hear what others think of that.

Judi G