Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi larisa, if you want a cheap way of converting your thread hooks with a comfortable grip holders. i also found a pack of various size comfort grips in a pack at hobby lobby. they are right where all of the crochet hooks are. they even have the small sizes for thread hooks too. and if you crochet with yarn then you can get the gel pencil grip holders at your walmart. they make crocheting very comfortable when crocheting for along time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Kathy! I am Larisa... What s size of The Crochet Lite hook? It looks perfect! I want one but I need 0.7 mm or 0.75 mm size. Can you help me with advice where to buy this hook.

2. Likes KathyFuller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyFuller View Post
    Oh, I'm sure your winters are much worse up there. We didn't actually have winter here, this year. I never even had on a heavy coat. I'm hoping for a colder, snowier winter this year, but I doubt if it will happen, but we can always hope!!! LOL

Winter is a good excuse not to accept any invitations, cozy up with lots of yarn and your knitting needles or crochet hooks (LOL)

4. Likes KathyFuller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Thank you but I did not hear about hobby lobby or walmart. May be one day.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I really love winter, big show and blizzard!

7. Likes KathyFuller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the JoAnns do not bother top replace items as they are sold. Our local one, is a disgrace and shameful when it comes to knitting and crocheting items. If yo sneeze you are past that department. They may have more of a seleciton on their webiste to order, but I believe you have to spend about $50 for free shipping. A Super JoAnn's opened up about 40 minutes from my home and I went there and felt as if I were in knitting/crochet heaven. The had manyh aisles of yarns, every size hook and needle you could think of, a tremendous selection of books, etc.
    I have ofund that our local Michael's has a manager who is so helpful and kind. He has told me that if there is something I need and it is not there to let him know, I can pay for it and he will order it, and should have whatever it is within 2-3 weeks. Now that is service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jhuie5445 View Post
    I've always used Boye metal hooks, but I decided to try their bamboo hooks and love them!! I immediately order more of them!!
    I would also like to know the advantages of the bamboo hook. I have a pretty full assortment of Boye metal and I would have to have a really good reason to replace them with something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use some Tulip steel hooks, and the "thumb Plate" is in just the right place for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tas! I like this rooster. Where did you get Tulip hooks? Looks like we do not have them here any more == Larisa

Post Thanks / Like

Pat Girsh

[QUOTE=libertylady64;13988]just wondering-- what different brand names of crochet hooks do our crochet talk members like to use? and also what do you think about the plastic, bamboo, or metal hooks? i have just recently used the bigger size crochet hooks and they are quit comfortable to work with. your work with the bigger hooks really adds up very fast when crocheting with them. happy crocheting![/QUOTE]

For crocheting with yarn I only use Susan Bates hook. For crocheting with thread
    I use what I have and that may be Bates or Boye. I do not like Boye for yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer Susan Bates hooks. I grew up with them.