Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    Somebody --please gather all the Walmart remarks from wherever you can find them & send them to Walmart. You have my permission to use my remarks I put on here earlier.
    same with me!
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was just my Walmart who isn't thinking, hearing from all of you I now know its almost every Walmart. I hope they get the point that we want are crafts back how am I supposto teach children when they can't even get hooks accept for online
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Walmart has zero fabric but they have almost a whole aisle dedicated to scrapbooking. I enjoy that too but have little time (or money) for it these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope they have some yarn soon
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    my permission also.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have my permission too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, us too here in Virginia. Cut out piece goods also and just have some packaged fabric for the quilters, I suppose. I'm getting ready to go on a motorcycle trip and trying to decide which small project or two I can take along. Probably be rosettes for wreaths I want to make. Keep us in your prayers. Plan to be gone a month. G

8. Likes KathyFuller, sarah1313 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will have a nice trip
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Me also. Have an amazing time!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am lucky to have other stores that sell yarn in my area. I do not shop at Walmart at all just based on principle, as I read all of your posts I see the same pattern of what I believe is their predatory corporate behavior, they move into a town or city drive out many types of small businesses then cut back on items that drove those businesses. I live in California where we have whole Communities that have kept Walmart out just for this reason. Studies have shown that Walmart moving into a community will cause closure of business and a raise in unemployment, and only a increase in the working poor. I buy most of my yarn on line from places like knitpicks, Annies, or I have a Joanns nearby, I find coupons for all of these stores online and just wait for their sales. Because I make a lot of sweaters and larger projects I need a lot of yarn from the same dye lot so I usually need to order it, Joanns does not guarantee even if you special order that you will get yarn from the same dye lot, so I use knitpicks or drops. Both of these will ship for free if the order is over a certain amount or they will have a coupon for shipping, also there are a lot of people who participate in this forum that sell great quality yarn. Sorry if I have offended anyone who may work at Walmart, but I truly believe that if you want to help your town or communities businesses especially small business don't shop at Walmart.
    Last edited by grandmajenny; 06-15-2012 at 05:23 PM.

12. Likes rack, KathyFuller liked this post