Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 5 of 11 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile new to the community

Hi! I am new to this community and am looking forward to being a part of it! I am an avid crocheter and my favorite things to make are baby hats, headbands and afghans. I have recently launched into the world of crocheted bracelets and am hoping to find others in this community who are interested in this, also!

2. Likes KathyFuller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the email. crocheted braclets I've seen patterns for them but my grand kids keep me pretty busy with Grandma make this for me. I see someone with that can you make that for me?
    They;re just to cute to refuse. Some day they will quit asking and then..... Good luck with your efforts. Nanc

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sarah,
    Our Walmart has a very small craft section. The crochet and knitting books are not very good. The selection of yarn is bad. There isn't any place else near us. Oh how I long for Hobby Lobby!
    Mama Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart craft section

I have heard recently that they are going back to expanding their craft sections as too many women have complained to them when they decreased it, so hopefully this is true.

Celia

Post Thanks / Like
    To Proverbs31wife...I love to make all the things you just mentioned. I've pinned several bracelet patterns that I've found online and used to make myself some bracelets and some for my granddaughter.

Nicely Created For You: Tutorial for crocheting a bracelet in Cream, Maroon and Olive Green (Chrissy)

Crochet / Red, White & Blue Bangles

The Boy Trifecta: Crochet Bracelet Pattern

10 Fabulous and Free Crochet Bracelets | moogly

This last link has 10 different patterns. I have made all these and have used regular acrylic yarn and also cotton yarns. Hope this helps. If you want to follow me on Pinterest, I have a lot of patterns for headbands, hats, afghans, etc. that I've pinned. This is a link to my Pinterest crochet board.
    Crochet
    And this is the link to all my boards.
    Kathy Fuller (kathybumpkins) on Pinterest

t

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. To remove all yarn was a bad mistake Walmart made. I live in a small rural area and Walmart was the only place with-in 25 miles that you could purchase yarn and other crafts

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a link to the Clover site for the steel hooks for thread crochet. I have not used these, but am definitely gonna get one and see how it works up and how it feels.

Clover USA Soft Touch "Steel" Crochet Hooks -

Post Thanks / Like
    The Walmart in my area has cut back the yarn, crochet hooks and kitting needles to the point that it is only has about 15 diffrent colors of only red hart and very few of the other items. This has upset me very much because there is not a craft store in my town and the nearest city is over an hour away. Walmart really needs to get their act together.

10. Likes KathyFuller, sarah1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My Walmart has done the same thing. They also stopped selling cross "stuff".

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. Should be cross stitch "stuff".