Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, our Walmart in Elkton, Maryland also tried the same thing by getting rid of the department altogether!!! But shoppers voiced their opinion against them that they put the yarn and stuff back. Although not as big as before, but at least the yarn and stuff is there. Guess we jut have to go to Joann's or AC Moore to get supplies.
    Carolyn
    Elkton, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sarah , yes our Walmart in Alberta Canada also cut way down on its yarn, but because we made a big fuss about it ,they are now stocking more. Just let them know you are not happy. They dont want to loose customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carynjoyb View Post
    Walmart has downsized their entire craft department. They have even excluded material fabric. They are especially limited with crochet and knitting hooks and needles. I am very lucky to have some wonderful yarn shops and of course Joans nearby.
    Yes you are I wish I had one close by
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 walmarts one has a great selection and the other doesn't have hardly anything, I still find even with going to Joanns or craft world if i'm looking for specific colors I end up ordering on line, just have to be patient and watch for the free shipping ads.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have two Super Walmart stores in my immediate area...one about 5 minutes from my house, the other one is about 18 minutes from here. The one closest to my house has cut the yarn down to probably less than 15 colors and only one or two skeins of each of those. And they are UGLY colors. I hate it. We have a Hobby Lobby about a half hour from my house. They actually carry my favorite brand, which is "I LOVE THIS YARN". It's SOOOO soft. They have a great selection. They carry many other brands and have a great selection of colors in all. They carry cotton yarns of a couple different brands and threads in Aunt Lydia. I have ordered online one time. I was making an afghan and had bought all the color I needed at Hobby Lobby. There was a mix up and they didn't re-order what I needed and I was on a deadline and had to make the online purchase. I didn't mind except that I hate having to pay such high shipping charges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in Ontario we have the same problem with the walmart. I get so frustrated with them. There is rarely anything there and its only one small row. I've thought about complaining to the manager. Any thoughts on that?

7. Likes sarah1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the walmarts in Nevada have also, I agree it is sad.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have two WalMarts in our town, and neither has a great selection of yarn. The one where I usually shop moved the yarn to the back of the store....it WAS two aisles! We have a really good Hobby Lobby here, which is where I buy most of my yarn anyway. Didn't know that Goodwill stores carried yarn. I will try there! Have just started crocheting jewelry, which requires different types of materials....leather, embroidery thread, beads, etc. Strangely enough, WalMart has a good selection of "crafting" supplies. Perhaps there wasn't as big a market for the yarn around here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Reply to nhodgson in Ontario....I have emailed the WalMart home office about a number of issues. Sometimes it actually helps!! You could certainly give it a try.
    Last edited by proverbs31wife; 06-13-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: making sure the original post-er sees my reply!

11. Likes Theresa L, sarah1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestion. Nanc