Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Graphgan sizing

Post Thanks / Like

Graphgan sizing

I have 2 graphgan patterns that I want to make. One pattern is too small and doubling would make it too large. The other is too large to begin with. How do I resize?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cinda,
    Increasing one would depend on the repeat pattern. You could add the number of stitches you need for a repeat pattern to make it larger. If it is just straight stitches just measure how long and how wide you want it to be and make your stitches to match your measurement.

Hope this helps,
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 09-23-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cinda;201207]I have 2 graphgan patterns that I want to make. One pattern is too small and doubling would make it too large. The other is too large to begin with. How do I resize?[/QUOTE

One is an Iowa State pattern one is a Kansas Jayhawk pattern it's not just a plain pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cinda, I am sorry I can't help you I don't have a clue what a Iowa State Pattern or a Kansas Jayhawk pattern is. I am guessing it has to do with sports or school.
    Hopefully there are other ladies that can help you with your questions.

Good luck,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cinda, I have made graphgans in the past. Most times the size will depend on the size of the yarn you are using and the hook size. I made my with DK for my grandkids and they were the right size for cuddling. My suggestion is that you can add some stitches to ALL sides of the pattern and also add a border in complimenting colors. It depends on where you are starting your graphgan. If you are starting at the bottom you would add stitches to both sides and also extra rows bottom and top. Working from the side you would add extra stitches for the top and bottom and also add rows for the sides. I know this sounds confusing, but it will work.
    If the other graphgan is too large consider using a DK yarn or #3 and a smaller hook.
    Graphgan sizing-ohio-1-jpgGraphgan sizing-turtle-jpgGraphgan sizing-purple-butterfly-1-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your ideas the one is almost double the size too big my blankets are 112 stitches wide which gives me about 50 inches and the pattern that I have for the Jayhawks is 200 and some stitches so that would be an absolutely huge blanket or use the Bernat blanket yarn but if I use a smaller hook isn't that going to take a lot more yarn

Post Thanks / Like
    YW. Maybe do the reverse. Is there a lot of one color surrounding the logo? You could crochet a few rows less to make it smaller.
    Jo Ann

Post Thanks / Like
    The 200 stitches is the actual design. �� Not sure what I am going to do with that one.
    But the smaller one.... if I do 4 stitches per square in my graph instead of 1 will the design still look ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you attach pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Graphgan sizing-img_1939-jpgGraphgan sizing-img_1938-jpgGraphgan sizing-img_1937-jpgI will try. The Iowa one I just finished. The Iowa State is 55x41. My Iowa one is 112x144.