Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help again with pattern lingo

When a pattern says: sc in next 2 sc (do not count as stitches) does that mean not to work in them when you come around and not to count them in the number of sts you're supposed to have?

For crocheting in the round with joining:
    When pattern says: sl st in first sc to join but also says: the first stitch of a round should always be made in the same stitch as sl st and a ch is made after the sl st. Which is the first stitch? The sl st or the first sc? I assume the ch doesn't get worked in or counted in the total stitches.

I'm working in joined rounds . It doesn't say what to do with the ch st.
    Yikes I'm pulling my hair out.
    Thank you,
    Susan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,
    What is the name of your pattern?

Post Thanks / Like

Help again with pattern lingo

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Susan,
    What is the name of your pattern?
    Hi Jean Marie,

The pattern is called Webster Witch. It's an amigurumi spider in the Fall 2017 issue of Love of Crochet.

Usually I can figure out instructions but this pattern is using a different method I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skmk View Post
    When a pattern says: sc in next 2 sc (do not count as stitches) does that mean not to work in them when you come around and not to count them in the number of sts you're supposed to have?

When pattern says: sl st in first sc to join but also says: the first stitch of a round should always be made in the same stitch as sl st and a ch is made after the sl st. Which is the first stitch? The sl st or the first sc? I assume the ch doesn't get worked in or counted in the total stitches.

Thank you,
    Susan.
    Hi Susan,
    when the pattern says to sl st in 1st sc and the 1st st of the rnd. should always be made in the same stitch - I think they are saying the same thing but in 2 different ways. I would just sl st in the 1st sc. and make a ch after doing the sl st.
    The 2 sc's it says not to count as stitches. You'll probably figure out the pattern as you go along. Some patterns are like that. You don't understand it until you do the pattern. I would just do what it says. Remember to 'keep it simple' and 'easy does it'' slogans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! The first stitch is done into the stitch you slip stitched into. So slip stitch to join,chain one,then stitch into the same single crochet you joined into. Hope that makes sense! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skmk View Post

Thank you,
    Susan.
    I would say you're right on the 1st question.