Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danygirl View Post
    Amazing Spoula! Thank you so much. Sorry about the complication with different terminology. Hope it hasn't been too confusing!! Thanks again.
    Hu Dany, I just sent you an email and also posted here just in case you were on line.
    The picture is not that great. Are the leaves the way your were expecting? If not I can try again. I only went to row 8 because the next row is easy. Row 7 and 8 were not real easy.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Help needed with a pattern!-img_3432-jpgWith some excellent help from Spoula, I've finally worked out where I was going wrong. Something very simple! Here is how it looks now :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Dany,
    Thank you, I think you are making good progress. I hope you post the finished cowl it is lovely and you should be proud of all your hard work.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, I don't know how the heck you can figure things out for other people. I could not do this to save my life. I sure wish that crochet patterns from all over the world used the same terminology for stitch types. Same with crochet hooks. I still can't remember the letter system of naming hooks, i.e., B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, etc. Why can't all pattern makers & hook mfrs just use the metric system. Yet I see all kinds of patterns still using the letters only, no metric. Some hooks have both, bless 'em.

Just complaining a bit. Nothing serious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    Spoula, I don't know how the heck you can figure things out for other people. I could not do this to save my life. I sure wish that crochet patterns from all over the world used the same terminology for stitch types. Same with crochet hooks. I still can't remember the letter system of naming hooks, i.e., B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, etc. Why can't all pattern makers & hook mfrs just use the metric system. Yet I see all kinds of patterns still using the letters only, no metric. Some hooks have both, bless 'em.

Just complaining a bit. Nothing serious.
    Hello MeToo, Look at this link it will show you the hook and letters plus the metric ones. I only used letters and numbers it is only lately that I am seeing the metric size hook used so much. This site shows you steel hooks too. That is what I learned to crochet with size 10 hook and size 10 thread. I have a hook that is size 00 and I like the feel of it but didn't know what size it is. After reading this I now know it is the same as my "E/4" one and that is a 3.5 mm. This needle came from England and belonged to my mother. It is heavier then my current needle.

Thanks for the compliment about helping folks out. I try to help if I can as I appreciate the help when I need it. I also have gotten to meet very nice folks like you.

https://www.allfreecrochet.com/Tutor...het-Hook-Sizes

Spoula