Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    You're a genius!!! Maybe you should write a book of most requested patterns that you translate. I'm so proud of you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Microsoft translator site

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...013041902.html

This link is a built-in Microsoft translator site, and it works like a charm most of the time. I started using it when non-English speaking people asked me for help when I had the blog site, so I searched and found this. In fact, I posted it on one of my blog posts and it helped a lot of people.

It will translate an entire site into or from English and other languages. I've used it many times very successfully. It even suggests the language that is being translated from, and is usually right.

Simply put the URL of the site to be translated in the box towards the upper left of screen (NOT in the main URL address!!!) but the box that says 'Translate URL. then is does it's thing really fast and most I've done were very easy to use and it was like using an English site!
    Happy crocheting,
    Susan Nash
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-22-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by merseaone View Post
    Do you know how to read a chart? That is how I do things, study the chart and attempt it, if I can't figure it out then I try to design it myself. The hardest part is getting started.
    Hi merseaone! I took a Craftsy class on diagram patterns and got sooo much from it! I'd been working on small ones before I took it. Some countries us only that and can't follow written patterns or videos! Some charts are tricky but the key to being easier is if the designer color codes the rows and directions!

I took 'See It, Crochet It: Reading Diagrams' by Charles Voth. He wrote a really unique cowl with an excellent diagram he gives in the class. He's a superb instructor and is very helpful if you get stuck... he loves doing it! He's more than willing to help anyone, even if they didn't take his class because he's very generous and goes above & beyond what the class called for him to do.

He teaches online and in group classes and I think in a university as well all over his Latin American community, he's an all around nice person. All instructors should be so great!

http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?m...ctID=594411249
    #ad This is my affiliate link in case you want to check out yarn or other supplies & materials. I adore this site, their yarn is great quality with great prices.

There are some free videos and site tutorials, but for this I needed someone to teach me, and the class was so interactive that we helped each other a lot. It was fun and really informative. I think crochet diva in her took it too. Craftsy has the classes on sale quite often, marked down a lot.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-22-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by missro007 View Post
    You're a genius!!! Maybe you should write a book of most requested patterns that you translate. I'm so proud of you!!
    Why thank you Missro007! That would be really time consuming and probably also a lot of permission and legalities to it, but I'll be glad to help anyone who needs it!