Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  172
Page 52 of 81 First ... 242505152535462 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    hey cat that is so neat.....I was working with my grandmother at five....she was an artist....she could knit, crochet, hand quilt and even tat.....I miss her so much..... I really love the Indian blanket. I made a wavy blanket but the chevron eluded me....so this is what I am calling my seminal work! I am a widow so I crochet to pass the time....I had to slow down bc I have too many blankets and not enough beds lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mitzee,
    I crochet to relax at the end of the day. I teach at a school for special needs adults. I teach computers, kitchen skills ( preparing food and keeping areas clean), as well as impact exercise. I love my job but I must admit I am tired at the end of the day. I find if I crochet for about a half hour or so before bed I fall asleep faster. I am also crocheting on a Star Wars Rebel Alliance potholder for a friend where my husband works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Cat you are one busy lady! I am not.....I took care of my husband for 2 years and now am unemployed. To tell the truth I barely want to get up every day....if I didn't have a dog and 3 cats to take care of I probably would remain in bed....but crocheting makes time go by faster. You all seem immensely talented.....

Post Thanks / Like
    beautiful shawl

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzee View Post
    Are people still posting in this forum bc I am very interested in posting some of my pics and seeing other and getting advice
    I just started on here last month and it seems to be doing pretty good. I have been seeing some nice stuff on here since I got on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I'm knitting a duckie illusion scarf.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    hey cat that is so neat.....I was working with my grandmother at five....she was an artist....she could knit, crochet, hand quilt and even tat.....I miss her so much..... I really love the Indian blanket. I made a wavy blanket but the chevron eluded me....so this is what I am calling my seminal work! I am a widow so I crochet to pass the time....I had to slow down bc I have too many blankets and not enough beds lol
    Your grandma sounds like mine. She tried to teach me tatting but I think I just wasn't interested enough to try very hard. Embriodery was a wash also. When crochet took she was so happy. She had to keep me occupied for the summers when I went to live with her while I was out of school.
    I have about 7 afghans started. Lol. I just finished a matching adult and baby afghan set. One for the baby, and one for her grandma.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we are posting on this site and under the what are you working on post.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a newbie....looking through all the pictures and I am overwhelmed by the talented people in this forum. My grandmother taught me to crochet and always helped me with written patterns bc most confuse me. I have made lots of stuff but enjoy working on blankets.....kinda just start and see what I feel like doing. I am working on a huge chevron which is my first chevron journey....if I could follow patterns I might be good.......I am awed by that Indian blanket......
    You can pick up crochett pattern books that have a stitch glossary in them. I found that helpful when I started wanting to do something other than flat afghans. I have one that is a sampler afghan with about 50 different squares that are all different. It teaches you all the different stitches as you go. I fjnd that the afghans often look more intimidating than they actually turn out to be. My problem is trying to find my place after I look away from the pattern. I am sure they make something to help with that if I just looked. Like a line marker clip maybe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Suzyq....I have fininished 5 and have two started....this year. I haven't done anything in April bc I ran out of yarn. I wait until it goes on sale bc to finish the one I am working on I would spend about a grand......it is crazy how much yarn is these days. Maybe I am showing my age but I remember getting yarn for 99 cents....maybe some day I will post pics of afghans probably after Hockey is done........of course I'd have to figure it out first...how to post pic