Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your kind remarks everyone! It's a fun hobby to make ami's. I think I will sew the eyes closer together. You name them? That's a concept I hadn't thought of. Can't wait to see your cadigan imalefty. Not sure what I will make next but with you guys encouraging me I'm sure to have fun knowing I can do it!

Post Thanks / Like

Eyes

Donna,try the eyes closer to the muzzle. Looking over my patterns most are a bit closer together and nearer to the "noses". Your sweet bear looks like a Maggie to me. Yes,I'm a little crazy but normal is soooo boring!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Donna,try the eyes closer to the muzzle. Looking over my patterns most are a bit closer together and nearer to the "noses". Your sweet bear looks like a Maggie to me. Yes,I'm a little crazy but normal is soooo boring!
    I love the name maggie!! so it shall be! Yes I'm glad you agree that the eyes need to be closer together. I'm a little afraid to put those kind of eyes on a toy for a small child, what other alternatives do I have besides trying to make them out of felt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate attaching limbs to amigurumi? Not after reading this post! | FreshStitches

I found this site that really helped me to learn how to attach limbs to ami's! I learn something everyday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Chainless Starting Double Crochet in the Round - moogly

Here is another website that will help in doing ami's! If I learn more tips I'll certainly get better! Yay!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I will be sure to check out the site about putting Amis together. Though I don't have a real problem with it it's my most unfavorite part to do. Thanks for the link! Glad you like the name! I name mine when they are completely finished as that is when they have their personality. Concerning eyes-I haven't gifted to any little ones. I use safety eyes that I get from an Etsy shop. Stores here don't carry many different sizes. They are inexpensive and I can buy groups of ten pairs (or less) depending on what I'm making. Need 14 pairs if I am doing ornaments. You could embroider yarn eyes which would be child safe. Maybe embroidery floss would work also. Perhaps someone else has another idea. What's next? Red heart.com has some cute Amis as does allfreecrochet.com. Working on the body part of my cardigan. Not much done lately as husband had Dr appointments and another one on Mon. Maybe I can make some progress this weekend. Have a good day! imalefty