Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Hi everyone! Hope I can remember all I want to say. Donna- how is the search going for hats? Hope you have found a pattern that pleases you. The book about the Japanese camps is "Desert Exile" by Yoshiko Uchida. Of course it wasn't nearly as bad as in Germany but is very sad and wrong nonetheless. I have read it twice and got more out of it the second time. A bad situation all around. To be sure,a shameful event in our history. Susan2014-what are you up to? Do you read at all? If so,what do you like? If not,do you have any other hobbies besides crochet? SSS-if you go to gourmetcrochet.com look at Courtney Kimono Cardigan. That is the one I am making. I think I wrote before that I am holding two strands of yarn together instead of bulky yarn. Bulky yarn is just too costly. I Have gotten to the point where I am joining the sides to form the armholes. It is much easier to make than I had imagined. I really like that you can make it to fit just as you want. I am short and round so want the body longer but arms shorter. Easily done with this pattern. No difficult stitches either. How are your projects going? Someone asked about Google translate. Mine just pops up if a pattern is not in English,then I simply click. I'm On an iPad. Hope all are having good days. imalefty
    hi Imalefty, SSS, Susan2014, I've made three hats so far! one for a huge head, one for a preemie, and one normal sized slouchy hat. I love the slouchy hat. Checked out the Cardigan that you are making imaalefty, it's way cute! what color are you doing it in? can we see a picture of it when you are done? You are more advanced than I am for sure imalefty! No wonder you were not afraid to tackle that cone that I saw for sale. How long have you been crocheting seriously? I like your idea of using two strands of yarn instead of bulky yarn, would that change the outcome of patterns by doing this? "Desesrt Exile" will be put on bucket list for sure. SSS, I've signed up to get your updates for your blog! I'm excited to be informed of all your freebies! Thanks for responding and love reading everyone's posts! We had a storm yesterday which was greatly needed here in Utah! Oh and I made my second ever amigurumi! My stitches are not tight when I sctog and I've got to improve on that aspect of my crocheting. Have a great day! What's new with you Susan2014?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Donna and all. A sunny,breezy day here in NJ. A busy day for me as have to take Hubby to Dr. tomorrow which messes up the whole day. Glad you plan to read the book,Donna. I made my first afghan while pregnant for my firstborn. He is 43 now. As for the cardigan-using two strands I had to go up a hook size to get the correct gauge. I am quite an individual in my color choices and am using a multicolor with a solid yarn. A navy blue with a bright multi. Guess I am just a rebel! LOL! Perhaps can get some help to post photo when I am done. Have never posted a photo. Learning all this technology takes time. Sounds as if you are doing fine with your hats. Applause for you! Off to my chores. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Hi Susan and Imalefty! the more the merrier in conversations I say! Where do you both live? I'll go look at the pattern but I've kind of made up my mind not to use any patterns that I have to pay for, there are so many on the internet that are free. But after seeing them I might change my mind. Susan you say you sew? do you piece quilts by chance? If you do we need to convince Imalety to try piecing jk! I know at our age it's hard to start a new hobby unless we really have a desire. Well, I don't even know what age that might be but just guessing. I love the idea of making Christmas decorations via crochet, that's one idea to google and see what's out there for free! thanks Imalefty for sharing what you make!! I have an interest in reading true life stories, the last one I read was called My name used to be called Muhmmad: here is the website if you want to check it out.
    " My Name Used to Be Muhammad: The True Story of a Muslim Who Became a Christian: Jeff Benedict, Tito Momen: 9781609077105: Amazon.com: Books well, hope my writing isn't boring, until I hear from you two next time! have a wonderful week!

it's about a muslim who becomes Christian. It was very worthwhile read if you like that sort of thing.
    I heard about this book, it sounds unbelievable, would be a great one I'm sure, and what a VERY rare situation! I'm reading the overview on amazon now, thx!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone! Am looking forward to some lovely weather here in northern NJ. Some sunshine should bring out the daffodils. I understand not paying for ami patterns but once in a while it is irresistible! Hope you at least checked out the cones,Donna. My kimono cardigan is a paid for pattern and is coming along well. Perfect for Spring if I get it done in time. My reading does not extend to anything concerning religion. Learned a great deal from "They Killed Our President " regarding the JFK assassination. Don't know how others may feel but I have always thought it could not have been carried out by only one person. The book makes several points to think about. Crocheted some butterflies and made them into magnets for my dear friend who also is my sister in law. She always changed her decor with the seasons and holidays. Since losing everything in the NY floods nearly 3 years ago I try to replace little items as often as I can. Gave a crocheted tree skirt this past Xmas. They are still replacing more necessary things. Has anyone read any books about the Dust Bowl? I find that to be very interesting. Shows what can happen when we don't take care of the earth. What is everyone busy with? Keep posting! imalefty
    Hi Imalefty, I saw a special on public t.v about the Dust Bowl, it was awful, and very interesting. I haven't looked for any books on it tho, since between new health issues, moving last summer, my blog I started last July, and more, I've not been reading, which I can't believe... but picking my yarn usage wisely and crocheting everything I possibly can is my passion now, since I have lost time to make up for! I'm just at an odd place in my life I guess and am trying to get comfortable with it. p.s. Is the Kimono Cardigan you're working on the one Marly Bird designed, on Classic Lite Yarns? I plan to do that one with maybe a different closure but I wanted to be sure that's the one you're making do I could ask someone how the pattern is going for them!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 04-15-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hear's my attempt to send a picture of the bear that has no face but hey she's dressed!patterns for amigurumi's??-crocheted-bear_0128-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to hide the fact that I didn't crochet tight enough so that the stuffing was showing. So I decided I needed to cover it up with some clothes. This is my first attempt to design clothing for my faceless bear! She will get a nose and eyes but I was pretty happy that I first made her a dress and second that I learned to send a picture!

Ok so how do I turn the picture right side up? Help me! Donna
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 04-15-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna,I think your bear is a sweetie! And good for you designing the dress! I also have trouble crocheting tightly enough. I use a size smaller hook than the pattern calls for as sometimes that helps. I have always been a loose stitcher. Can't help with the photo,sorry. Please show again when she has a face.

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna,I think your bear is a sweetie! And good for you designing the dress! I also have trouble crocheting tightly enough. I use a size smaller hook than the pattern calls for as sometimes that helps. I have always been a loose stitcher. Can't help with the photo,sorry. Please show again when she has a face.
    ok, I will put a face on it tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    here is the updated bear with a face!patterns for amigurumi's??-bear-eyes_0129-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job

Applause for you,Donna! She sure is cute! Have you named her yet? I give all my Amis names when they are finished and put tags on them when I gift them,kind of like an introduction. But I name everything-my car,my rolling walker,etc. I get that from my Nana who even named her cane! You did a fab job on your ami! If you can make a bear you can make a lot of Amis. So what's next? I am working on the lower part of my cardigan after joining the side seams to form the armholes. It's going well so far. Happy Stitching! imalefty