Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Imalefty and Susan, Your idea of going to youtube is excellent! Also checking out allfreecrochet.com for hat patterns. I knew you would have a great solution to my question. What is the name of the book that you read about the camps where the Japanese where held? I was aware that we did that and it's a black mark on our history. I'm pretty sure they were treated better than the Jews in Europe. Certainly they didn't deserve being yanked from their homes and property taken. I didn't live at the time when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor so I can't even imagine how startling that was for the nation, sort of what happened to us on 911 which happens to be my birthdate! I tell people I had that day before the terrorists ruined it for me!

Is your mother still reading? My mother is 90 years old and still loves to read also. Here is another good read: "A train to Potevka"http://www.amazon.com/Train-Potevka-Mike-Ramsdell/dp/1598720309/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1428806307&sr=1-1 It's about a spy in Russia who has an amazing experience in my opinion. I read this book and loved it so much I bought a copy and the Author signed it for me one day at costco. I was thrilled to meet him in person. Thanks for the suggestions Imalefty! Donna
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 04-12-2015 at 06:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Hi Suan and imalefty! Sure enjoyed reading your posts! I did go see the cones imalefty! they are really cute! It got me thinking and I printed off a lot of free Christmas decorations off of Raverly. The cone looks kind of hard. You must be more advanced than me. Do either of you know of a full proof easy crochet hat that can be adjusted for different sizes? My daughter has requested me to make some hats to give for charity. I made one and it's way big! Is there a full proof way to know that the pattern you are making will fit your head? I plan on checking out your blog post Suasn! Thanks for sharing and I'll report back after checking it out! I have not read anything about the dust bowl, I'm sure it was a big problem. I agree with you imalefty about JFK assassination, there had to be more than one person involved. I know that in the last days there will be wicked combinations that will cause havic for the freedom of our country. Tell next time! Donna
    Hi Donna, here are some hat and other piece sizing info (1st link it's the 3rd chart down for hats, other charts are for blanket and bed sizing and such) these are for hats of all sizes to make them fit right for different ages, thought it might come in handy for you since you had the problem with sizing. These are pretty extensive so you should be able to do well with them, and there are other charts online but thought these might be enough already, lol! Hope they help you

helpful crochet charts - Learn how-to crochet with Clare from bobwilson123

Creating Beautiful Things in Life: How to properly size crochet hats. Chart for correct sizing, including Magic Circle Sizes.

♥ Bev's size charts ♥

How to Design your own Custom Crochet Hat - Cre8tion Crochet

3. Likes dlscofield liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you use the Google translator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Hi Donna, here are some hat and other piece sizing info (1st link it's the 3rd chart down for hats, other charts are for blanket and bed sizing and such) these are for hats of all sizes to make them fit right for different ages, thought it might come in handy for you since you had the problem with sizing. These are pretty extensive so you should be able to do well with them, and there are other charts online but thought these might be enough already, lol! Hope they help you

helpful crochet charts - Learn how-to crochet with Clare from bobwilson123

Creating Beautiful Things in Life: How to properly size crochet hats. Chart for correct sizing, including Magic Circle Sizes.

♥ Bev's size charts ♥

How to Design your own Custom Crochet Hat - Cre8tion Crochet
    Thank you SSS! these websites should help me a lot! It's great to be friends so that you get help when you need it! I made another hat last night and it's for a preemie baby. Not sure if it will fit but I'm not taking it out!!

Post Thanks / Like
    SSS, God Sunday and hope yours is a warm sunny Day. Like your message on our 2 Susans, great idea. I wish I could take credit for such Talent of Reading. I dont have patience. Donna Love your post. Im reading up on this as its about all I do read History of past?????? Have a Lady who has had War Stories --- so interesting.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Imalefty, are you making the 'Kimono cardigan' top that Marly Bird designed and posted thru EliteYarns? As soon as I saw piece when she published it (was it this month or last?) I decided I'd make it later in the year after I finish some summer pieces first. I want so badly to take Marly's class called Curvy Crochet on Craftsy, but I'm waiting for another class sale that she has hers marked back down on. It's no secret that fixed income doesn't allow for pleasures like that. I had just become an affiliate for Craftsy within the past few weeks so now I'm able to have their banner links on my blog site, fb page, google+, etc., and can more easily keep up with all the special sales they have going on all the time. And I won't have to miss any because I didn't know about them when I needed them, I can now see every banner show sale updates like everyone else does on my sites now! I only needed a few items but that would be the place to get them, plus Marly's class is only on that site for now!

Craftsy is so thorough... not only for the patterns by any means, but more because they carry the best quality yarn brands/types at amazing prices, fabrics in good sizes for quilting and handbag lining, like fatquarters/jellyroll/layercake, and 1/2 to 4 yds at 44" wide, notions, classes, all kinds of supplies & materials, and they recently sold out of the quilt batting (and a lot of other things with dynamite sales going on one after the other from already low prices!) before I knew about it. That sale had already been going on for a while when I was just getting approval from their 3rd party affiliate approval/management company, and until I looked into that I had no idea the extent of their craft coverage!

I'm going to have to wait till they get the 100% cotton thin batting I plan to finish my quilt top with re-stocked and on sale again, which probably won't be long, because the savings are wonderful! And thankfully, if any of my subscribers or someone checking out my blog site plans already to order yarn or any other materials from Craftsy, or take any classes, they can now easily go thru my Craftsy banners on my blog site or other sites to order them, which is pretty much no different than them simply going to Craftsy to order their supplies as usual except that it would support my site and offset the cost of being online, in more ways than one, which is a great option for craft website owners.

I absolutely love Craftsy's huge amount of variety of crafts/hobbies, with crochet as my main interest of course, so I decided to affiliate with them since I support their products. You'll notice a lot of craft blog sites have no choice but to have ads on their sites now, more than ever, ask for donations od $$ or yarn, and some shut down when they can't continue to pay for the software, internet site space (domain name), the auto responder list software, etc, or they can use the free ones which I use some of to make it possible to operate (but they do have their drawbacks). Well, sorry I got off track, I'm sort of thinking out loud here partly!

I'd love to know how your piece is coming along because I was hoping to find someone who is working on it to ask a few questions of about parts of it.. if you don't mind, of course. Good luck with it!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 04-13-2015 at 03:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    SSS, God Sunday and hope yours is a warm sunny Day. Like your message on our 2 Susans, great idea. I wish I could take credit for such Talent of Reading. I dont have patience. Donna Love your post. Im reading up on this as its about all I do read History of past?????? Have a Lady who has had War Stories --- so interesting.

Susan2014
    Yeah, I thought that would be better than me answering questions meant for you, lol, and thank you for asking but we're having a cloudy day here and rain called for ALL week, every single day! It's warm tho all right, way too warm and I don't like it at all - you'll find that I dread summer for a lot of reasons now! I have to go out twice to places I don't want to in that mess too, I have crochet to do! We'll talk soon, i'll stop back in when I get done with these other tests that are interfering with my plans!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 04-13-2015 at 03:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear SSS, I had no idea that to keep a website you have to jump through so many hoopes to keep your website open? I take for granted all the free stuff out there not realizing someone has to pay for being on the internet! I will join your blog or what I really mean I want to follow you and check out those reduced classes from Craftsy! I've never taken a class from them before but I've heard they are really good. Loved reading your post about Craftsy etc!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Davena!
    thanks for the youtube site for beginning Ami tutorial! Have you done alot of them? I'm just starting so this will be very helpful! Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone! Hope I can remember all I want to say. Donna- how is the search going for hats? Hope you have found a pattern that pleases you. The book about the Japanese camps is "Desert Exile" by Yoshiko Uchida. Of course it wasn't nearly as bad as in Germany but is very sad and wrong nonetheless. I have read it twice and got more out of it the second time. A bad situation all around. To be sure,a shameful event in our history. Susan2014-what are you up to? Do you read at all? If so,what do you like? If not,do you have any other hobbies besides crochet? SSS-if you go to gourmetcrochet.com look at Courtney Kimono Cardigan. That is the one I am making. I think I wrote before that I am holding two strands of yarn together instead of bulky yarn. Bulky yarn is just too costly. I Have gotten to the point where I am joining the sides to form the armholes. It is much easier to make than I had imagined. I really like that you can make it to fit just as you want. I am short and round so want the body longer but arms shorter. Easily done with this pattern. No difficult stitches either. How are your projects going? Someone asked about Google translate. Mine just pops up if a pattern is not in English,then I simply click. I'm On an iPad. Hope all are having good days. imalefty