Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that I'm new to this but when I did it in the past I kept a notebook on all the patterns and what I was doing. Now I keep them in a folder in my comp. I'm also going to start another notebook like a 3 ring binder. I'm not always in from of the comp. when I crochet. I just need to get a printer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi To anone who can reply. what advice could you give mebout the mess I made on my folders. I just put pattern in anyf ile. I told you im a Geek senior hahaah . Just start correctly is all I can do ??? Right?/ Thanks for your time. Im making baby hats & blankets for a shelter for unwed etc. Im slow as I have O.A in my hands, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaJN View Post
    Theresa - Evernote is a free program that you can put on your pc and on a smartphone and on a tablet or use on the web. They all stay in sync - which is heaven for me. I never know when I need to add info to a project, grocery list, or whatever. They also have lots of free tutorials and ways to use it.
    Hi, I was wondering if when you download Evernote if it gives you instructions and if you have to download it on both your comp and smartphone? It would be great if I didn't have to sit at my desktop for instructions all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Helping with storage

Quote Originally Posted by Susan M Jensen View Post
    Hi To anone who can reply. what advice could you give mebout the mess I made on my folders. I just put pattern in anyf ile. I told you im a Geek senior hahaah . Just start correctly is all I can do ??? Right?/ Thanks for your time. Im making baby hats & blankets for a shelter for unwed etc. Im slow as I have O.A in my hands, LOL
    If you folders are on the same page as you files than you can just right click, copy and go to the folder and right click and save it there.
    To save it there the first time when you go to save it, when it says file name just make sure you have opened up the folder you want it in. Just act like your selecting that file. Don't worry it took me a long time to get used to it also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M Jensen View Post
    You can make a couple of folders, one for each type of pattern you save, like one for baby hats, one for blankets, and so on.Then, like momof2 said, you can copy the files from where you have them now and paste them in the right folders. Then you can go back and delete the original so you don't have 2 copies of the pattern on your computer.

For new patterns you add, just save them to the folder you want to keep them in. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to this site and not sure if other people have responded with the same answer. I have 2 5" three-ring binders. One is for projects I know I want to do and the other is for research and ideas - interesting patterns, how-to hints, finishing ideas, etc. I also keep a three hole punch with the binders so I can put them the books immediately. Hope this helps you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by momof2 View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if when you download Evernote if it gives you instructions and if you have to download it on both your comp and smartphone? It would be great if I didn't have to sit at my desktop for instructions all the time.
    Hi - Evernote has lots of tutorials and tips for using it. You have to register to download, but it's free and I may have received one email in the last 2 years. Download it for both computer and smartphone. Whatever you put on your computer, smartphone, or their website will show up in all three places. Keeps me organized since I'm not responsible for keeping them synced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaJN View Post
    Hi - Evernote has lots of tutorials and tips for using it. You have to register to download, but it's free and I may have received one email in the last 2 years. Download it for both computer and smartphone. Whatever you put on your computer, smartphone, or their website will show up in all three places. Keeps me organized since I'm not responsible for keeping them synced.
    I had downloaded it and actually got kind of confused. Maybe I'll have to back and look some more. Thank you. I'm the type that say's I'll do it later and than never does..lol. Like transfering files from one to another.