Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking bag! Good ideas about making strap stronger. We need these good ideas about making items stronger to last longer. Thank You very much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyRainbows View Post
    Great looking bag! Good ideas about making strap stronger. We need these good ideas about making items stronger to last longer. Thank You very much!
    You're welcome! I'm always open to other people's ideas too, then I get my own inspirations. Here are more tips FYI... a friend mentioned to me to use some material they have in craft stores that you make belts from for handbag handles, which I didn't know about, and also that mesh like you can do cross stitch or latch hook rugs in. She also put that mesh inside of some cap brims or visors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    What a great looking bag. I like the one different square on each side, gives it its own personality. I have made little basic rectangular bags for my friend's great-niece and also lined them too. And doubled the strap so it would be stronger (that is always my fear that the straps aren't stronger). I have bought handles and looking at your bag, the handles may fit. I would like the pattern (in your spare time, LOL) when you post it on your blog.

Happy crocheting.

Roe
    Sure, I always share any pattern finds, and I collect many patterns of many items! I thought too about the possibility of buying cheap thrift store handbags if they had good handles if I didn't want them crocheted, and I left a couple of other tips for handles on sunnyrainbows post too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cessie View Post
    You did such a wonderful job on your first handbag. Congratulations!
    Thx, I was pleased that I had no frustrations on this project at all, cannot say that about all of them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Susan! What a beautiful handbag. You did a great job on it!! Thank you for sharing it with us. Now I know who to come to if I ever want to tackle a handbag. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job!!! I love it!

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Susan, what a great job you did on your bag!!! I'm glad it went so easily for you. I like the handle.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You did an awesome job. You have accomplished something I have never done. Making granny squares and then sewing them together. That is the accomplishment I am talking about and making a purse. I am very proud for you.i love the colors. I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic because I don't want it to be that way. I really think anyone who has the patience to do what I call piece work in crochet is better than me. Again awesome job.i am personally jealous of your beautiful work.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a lovely bag; I have always wanted to make one but am discouraged by the joining of the squares. Beautiful!!!