Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Learned New Stitch

I learned a new crochet stitch during Christmas called the "Surface Slip Stitch". I couldn't believe how easy it is to do. There are so many things you can do with it. It can be used like embroidery to write someones name, to outline something, to edge around the top row of a granny square or an afghan. I used this stitch on my daughters Christmas potholders. I also just made myself a flapper cloche hat and used it to put 2 rows of a band around my hat. I stretched out the slip stitch as I went around so the hat wouldn't be too tight on my head. I will post a picture of my hat when I finish it.

Here is a video of how to do the surface slip stitch for those that don't know how or maybe needs a refresher.

Last edited by Lynda Fey; 01-27-2015 at 07:56 PM.

2. Thanks Nova55, cybarra, Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes cheri54, missro007, sherri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How cool, Lynda! Thanks for showing this to us! I'm very familiar with duplicate stitching in knitting but I never saw anything before like this for crocheting.

I'm looking forward to seeing your cloche hat.
    Last edited by Poinciana; 01-27-2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling! lol!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Poinciana. I wish I had posted a better video of this stitch. The stitch can even be used on knitted pieces.

I have finished crocheting my hat, now I am doing a few decorations on it. My daughter saw my hat and thought it was real cute and tried it on and asked me to make her one in black with my gray yarn intertwined with silver thread. She said she didn't know she was a hat person. I hope to post it next Monday. I have to get my daughter to take a picture of it and email it to me so I can post the picture.

I also bought me 2 cloche hats Friday when I went shopping at Belk's. One is black with a black rose and the other one is red with black beaded decoration (which I paid 85 cents for). They both were on sale but with the red one, it was 50% off the regular price and then another 25% off and then another 20% off and I had 2-$10 coupons and that is how I paid 85 cents for it. What a deal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Lynda!
    Love learning the new stitches on our fourm.
    You gal's do a great job for us beginners.
    Joannmaggie

Post Thanks / Like

7. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing the video of surface crochet. That's something I have never tried and it looks so simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    You are very welcome Joannmaggie. We are always happy to help out when we can. Just let us know if you need our help. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean for posting the video. xoxoxo Lynda