Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: just VENTING...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Hi Cheri. Sounds like you got a bad batch there. Simply Soft is my go to yarn and like you I had many problems with the yarn splitting. Turned out my stitches were too tight. So I loosened them up and haven't had a problem since. I find the yarn very soft and it drapes nice. I use it for crocheting and knitting.

You may have been sold some "old" yarn that was among the first runs of the manufacturing when the company was sold back in 2011 and they had started manufacturing the yarn in Turkey. I'm so glad I had stockpiled my Simply Soft before the company was sold! Though, I have to say I have success with the yarn made in Turkey. Still isn't on a par with what it once was, but I believe the parent company probably stepped up the quality control on the Turkey manufacturer.
    you may be right about the 'old' stuff... i bought it from an online store, knittting-warehouse.com. the one pound baby was manufactured in Turkey (which from what i've read usually has a good product), but the Simply Soft was made here in the USA and gives yarnspiration.com as the go to site. the one pound baby gives you caron.com, with a North Caroline address.

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finished a baby set of blanket, booties and hat and had a little problem with splitting but it was soft and held together well. Sorry about your bad
    experience, Anita

3. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cheri54 View Post
    gotta say i am sooo disappointed in Caron brand yarn! just got a one pound baby skein, and 4 skeins of Simply Soft and every bit of it that i've tried so far is just ca rappy! the one pound comes out fat and loose and splits at almost every stitch, and at the same time it looks crimped and flattened. the Simply soft is a tad bit better but not by much. it also splits constantly and i don't think it's all that soft once it's crocheted. sooo irritating.
    okay, i'm done now....(i tried to find a web site for Caron that would let you leave comments, but couldn't find one... so i came here...lol)
    Usually I really like Caron yarn. I did recently get 1 skein (out of 4 ordered) of the Simply Soft that was kinda weird, it was like the spinning machine was off or something, the plys were spun with different tensions and the twist was way out of whack. I was cutting so much out of it that my project was just too full of knots so I switched to another skein and it was fine. I have found that if I use the suggested hook my project will be a tad stiff and tight, and I'm a loose crocheter, so I now use a bigger hook. The Simply Soft Light is a finer version of the Simply Soft but it doesn't come in as many colors. The Simply Soft Party makes up really nice. It's slightly fuzzy and has a shiny nylon thread in it that works up glittery. The color selection is really limited though.

5. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Caron's address is: Caron - 1481 W. 2nd street - Washington, NC 27889 - hope this helps

7. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have never had a problem with Simply Soft.

9. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Voth View Post
    As far as I know the new company didnīt take over the manufacturing of the yarn. Thatīs still done at the original North Carolina plant. Iīm sure this is just a bad batch, or an anomaly...I would suggest you contact them and see what they say.
    finally heard back from the company and they said they would be sending me a 'parcel' within a couple weeks...thanks for the suggestion, it seems to have paid off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know where you bought it, but maybe they will take it back or exchange it.
    I had a messed up one, and JoAnn's exchanged it w/o a problem.

12. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i have had that happen as well, and it's frustrating to say the least... i would definitely call and tell them you have an issue and they need to be aware of it

14. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post