Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you've purchased the pattern I'd suggest that you contact the pattern designer and ask for clarification. Quite often there are 'errata' that are published after the original publication.

Quote Originally Posted by soulangela2j View Post
    I have found that a lot of patterns are rather cryptic. Not much information and you more or less have to fill in the empty spots. Some times I get it right...sometimes I spend a lot of time tearing out and re-doing because it just doesn't make any sense. Then I end up just redesigning the whole pattern myself and making something that doesn't look like the picture. Or....there are mistakes in the patterns...and I end up doing the same thing because the pattern just doesn't come out right. I like very simple step by step patterns explained in minute detail because that is how my brain works...I need simple...
    So I guess that is my biggest frustration so far in crocheting.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hi Judi-

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    I think we have all come across badly written patterns. I have found that if I go step by step and re-write the pattern I can understand it better. But sometimes like you do, I just remake the pattern and hope what I end up with is OK. If all else fails I use the yarn for something else.

Judi G
    Yeah, that's basically what I do as well. Sometimes it's frustrating because I really wanna make the pattern. But then if I can't get it to come out my creative juices come alive in these instances and a lot of times I am amazed at what comes out of it. If I decide I can't salvage it I just start on something else. I always have tonz of other things just waiting in line I could crochet...i don't have any problem doing that that's fo sho!!!
    Thank you for your comment.
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Maryjane - that is definitely my biggest frustration...too many projects and too little time. I keep thinking things will ease up when this or that happens but it never seems to. We just keep rolling along and crocheting where ever we can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetgal View Post
    If you've purchased the pattern I'd suggest that you contact the pattern designer and ask for clarification. Quite often there are 'errata' that are published after the original publication.
    Thank you crochetgal I will definitely look into that. You know, sometimes I can figure it out. It may just be a number or they wrote a sc instead of a dc or vice versa. Some things are obvious. But it just slows you down. And it usually happens when I'm already in the middle of the pattern. Go figure? Thanx again for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just learning to crochet and my biggest frustration in learning how to read patterns... Almost feels like I am learning a foreign language.. LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    reading a pattern correctly can be a challenge sometimes. I have been crocheting for many years now but last night I ran across a new sticht thats I have never heard before. Fsc can someone tell me what this stands for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cherkeerose,

Fsc stands for Foundation Single Crochet. They show it on Youtube if you would like to check it out.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by cherkeerose View Post
    reading a pattern correctly can be a challenge sometimes. I have been crocheting for many years now but last night I ran across a new sticht thats I have never heard before. Fsc can someone tell me what this stands for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni2U View Post
    I am just learning to crochet and my biggest frustration in learning how to read patterns... Almost feels like I am learning a foreign language.. LOLOL
    Yeah, I've been crocheting for many years and I still feel that way sometimes. Esp. if I am learning a new stitch. One day I stumbled upon a vintage website for baby clothes and that's what I was making at the time...so I was very interested. I started reading the patterns and there were so many new stitches I had never even heard of before but then the patterns were from 1916...but they were just gorgeous!!! I just looked the stitches up on line and found a tutorial and in no time at all I was making the stitch and making beautiful clothes. I like tutorials because yes, I can read patterns but a lot of times they don't come together for me until I can actually see what their talking about. Then once I visualize it I'm off and running.....once I got it I got it and then I want to just keep making the stitch because it feels so good to learn something new. Weird huh? But believe me when I tell you I understand it seeming like a foreign language. There are tools out there to use to help you, people to encourage you and help interpret those foreign languages! I guess I also like a good challenge.

9. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My frustration is not having anyone LIVE to show me how to do something. I have teaching myself with the help of Youtube which is great but still doesn't get me answers I need! I find I am asking complete strangers if the crochet! So far no one!

:-) :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Send us your questions, there are a lot of talented people here, I am sure someone will be able to answer your question. Not the same as being able to have a person next to you, but we will do our best.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by OregonCaro View Post
    My frustration is not having anyone LIVE to show me how to do something. I have teaching myself with the help of Youtube which is great but still doesn't get me answers I need! I find I am asking complete strangers if the crochet! So far no one!

:-) :-)

12. Likes Theresa L liked this post