Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi drice1976,
    I think I know the type of yarn you are talking about and was just wondering if you have tried doubling it up with a regular strand of yarn and working them together? It may be easier to work with that way. Just a thought, never tried it myself.
    Judi G.
    Last edited by Judi Gums; 03-03-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Khammit. I try to cover the ends as I work the next color but you still end up with the tail from the end of the square. If you can't work them in as you assemble them, your only real option is to take a large eye embroidery needle, thread the end through and then feed the needle through the same color on the square. You are in essence, sewing the tail into the work. It there is a little tuft left afterwards, just snip it off. that's the only thing I know to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    My only frustration with crochet right now is something called "trigger finger." Right now, whether I crochet a lot or a little, my hands are VERY stiff in the am and ache all day. Any warm up exercises out there? Crochet Yoga?

Someone else mentioned aragurumis that did not turn out; I had the same problem with wanting to join my rows; the upside is I just put all my little tidbits in a baggie and use them as embellishments. And almost mistake can be a sea creature or robot if I add eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

my crcheted goodies

What has been your biggest frustration so far in crocheting?-photo_00013-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by drice1976 View Post
    For me, it was purchasing a soft type of yarn that is wavy. I was attempting to make a shawl with it and went against the advice of my MIL who said it would be too hard to use that yarn. Was she right! That was several years ago and I still have that yarn. Everytime I've tried to use it, I end up taking out all the stitches in frustration. Recently I decided to take it on again and make a scarf for myself out of it. I'm bound and determined to use that yarn one way or another! LOL
    the bigest one for me was figgering out how to post pictures of my finished projects on here!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you like the yarn try using a large hook and making an open weave type of patter. Maybe a scarf using the V-stitch. I have had good luck with that pattern, it works up quickly and since it is so open it is easy to find the stitches. If you don't know the V-stitch you can go on Youtube for a tutorial for it.

Love to know how it all works out for you.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by cherkeerose View Post
    What has been your biggest frustration so far in crocheting?-photo_00013-jpg the bigest one for me was figgering out how to post pictures of my finished projects on here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried the new crochet hooks with the larger wooden handles? They take a little getting used to, but they sure have helped me. They sell them at most of the craft and hobby stores, and the number of sizes is a little limited, but it might be worth your time to check them out. We can't let a little thing like age stop us from our crocheting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My biggest frustrations are not enough time and not knowing which project to do! I have a tendency to crochet things because it's a good pattern or just because! I have some many ideas at once-especially after reading the new posts here!

Post Thanks / Like

Decyphering some patterns

I have found that a lot of patterns are rather cryptic. Not much information and you more or less have to fill in the empty spots. Some times I get it right...sometimes I spend a lot of time tearing out and re-doing because it just doesn't make any sense. Then I end up just redesigning the whole pattern myself and making something that doesn't look like the picture. Or....there are mistakes in the patterns...and I end up doing the same thing because the pattern just doesn't come out right. I like very simple step by step patterns explained in minute detail because that is how my brain works...I need simple...
    So I guess that is my biggest frustration so far in crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take it back! hehehe

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we have all come across badly written patterns. I have found that if I go step by step and re-write the pattern I can understand it better. But sometimes like you do, I just remake the pattern and hope what I end up with is OK. If all else fails I use the yarn for something else.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by soulangela2j View Post
    I have found that a lot of patterns are rather cryptic. Not much information and you more or less have to fill in the empty spots. Some times I get it right...sometimes I spend a lot of time tearing out and re-doing because it just doesn't make any sense. Then I end up just redesigning the whole pattern myself and making something that doesn't look like the picture. Or....there are mistakes in the patterns...and I end up doing the same thing because the pattern just doesn't come out right. I like very simple step by step patterns explained in minute detail because that is how my brain works...I need simple...
    So I guess that is my biggest frustration so far in crocheting.